18

"Stay. I have so much to tell you! I joined UA, the best hero school there is! I made so many new friends, and I gained more control over my powers! Mom, please! Don't go!"

I was crying uncontrollably now. Everyone behind me was crying as well. My mother was officially gone, and there was nothing I could do about it.

"You can't be gone." I whisper. I watched as my tears fell onto the ground, next to my hand.

Katsuki's POV

I watched (Y/N) crumble in pain in front of her mother's dead body. Everyone around me was crying. I just stood there and clenched my fists.

"Katsuki."

A soft, angelic voice spoke in my head. Mikasa?

"Please, take care of (Y/N) for me." She spoke. I smile sadly, "I will." I whisper.

(Y/N)'s POV

I felt a hand plop onto my shoulder, I look up and saw Katsuki standing besides me. His eyes were covered by his hair.

"Come on. Let's get you to Recovery Girl." He spoke softly. I hesitate, "No! I'm not just gonna leave my mother here!"

Katsuki sighed, "(Y/N)—"

"SHE'S DEAD KATSUKI!" He was taken back by my words. All Might came over and picked me up. I look up at him. He wasn't smiling.

"Young (Y/N). She fought for the sake of everyone here, she's a true hero." He said, his voice cracking. I whimper and silently cried.

The police and ambulance eventually came and cleaned up around town. My mother's body was no longer on the ground, but in the back of an ambulance. I watch over All Might's shoulder as the ambulance drove away. Katsuki was walking next to All Might. I could tell he was looking at me but I ignored his gaze.

-

"I healed the bone in your arm, but you'll have to wear a cast for a little while." Recovery Girl said. I didn't respond. I was still recovering from my traumatic heartbreak.

"I'm sorry about your mother, she was a wonderful woman." She adds with a sad smile. I continue to look at my broken arm, ignoring her again. All Might touches her shoulder, indicating for them to leave. She nods and walks out with him. The only ones left in the room was Katsuki and I.

"(Y/N), please say something."

I look up at Katsuki, then back down at my arm, "What's there to say?"

I flinch slightly once he gently grabbed my hand and placed something in it. He then closed my hand. Curious, I open my hand and gasp. Tears ran down my face.

It was my mom's necklace.

"The police officer gave it to me." He said. I place the necklace against my heart.

"Let me put it on." He takes the necklace from me and opens it. I lift my hair up and let him put the piece of jewelry on.

"Thank you." I wipe my tears. He places his hand over mine.

"I'm, sorry." He blushes and looks down at our hands. For the first time, I smile. It was a genuine smile, one I haven't had in a long time.

I placed my hand on his cheek and caress it. He flinches and looks into my eyes. Before I knew it, I was leaning in, and so was he. My heart quickens it's pace, butterflies flew in my stomach, fireworks going off in my mind. What are these feelings? This was more than what I felt with Eijirou.

Our lips met after what felt like forever. His lips were soft and warm. I continued to cry as we kissed. After a minute or so, I pull away and press my forehead against his. He looks at me with his crimson eyes. They were the brightest shade of red I've ever seen. He quickly leans in again and slammed his lips against mine. His hand was placed behind my head, pulling me closer.

"(Y/N)." He blushes furiously. My face was also a deep shade a red, realizing what just happened.

"I—uh." I grip onto the bedsheets. This is so embarrassing. What if he didn't like it? What if we were both just caught up in the spur of the moment?

"I'll let the others come visit you." He stood up and walked out, leaving me lost for words. To be honest I didn't expect him to say that he liked it or that he wanted to go out with me. It's Katsuki after all.

"(Y/N)!" Izuku and the others rush into the room. I smile sadly and greeted them.

"How's your arm?" Eijirou sits next to me on the bed. I sigh, "Recovery Girl managed to fix the bone, I just have to wear this cast for a while."

"We're sorry about what happened to Mikasa—I mean Element." Izuku's voice cracks. Ochaco rubs his back and Iida places a hand on his shoulder.

I grip onto my necklace, "Even if it was for a short while, I still got to see her again."

Everyone smiles sadly. Eijirou pats my back, "You know we're always here for you!"

"Yeah!" Ochaco and the others cheer. My lips started to shake, tears ran down my face once again.

"Oh no I didn't mean to make you cry!" Eijirou waves his hands nervously. I chuckle and wipe away my tears.

"It's happy tears." I smile at him. He blushes and smiles back with relief.

"Where's Kacchan?" Izuku ask:, he looks around the room, "I thought he'd be here with us."

"He came in before you guys." I told him and he nods. From the corner of my eye I could see Eijirou frowning.

"Well, you should get some rest." Eijirou says as he stood up.

"Yeah, we'll see you later." Izuku and the others left the room, leaving me alone. My mind wondered back to the kiss. What was Katsuki feeling? What was I feeling?