Chapter Two - The Weekend

Pidges POV

     "Mother! I'm going out shopping for groceries!" I yelled, grabbing a pen and a yellow sticky note.

     'I know she'll forget. I got to write it down.'

     As I wrote down why I was gone, my location, and when I would be back, I quickly sticked it on the refrigerator door and grabbed the keys of my car from the kitchen countertop. No word was spoken after I yelled, meaning either mother was ignoring me or she was in a deep asleep. There are times to where she would flat out ignore me for no reason, leaving me to feel hurt inside. I have no clue why she would do such a thing, but I'm sure she got reasons.

     Within seconds, I left the house, locking the door on the way out so my mother would be safe when I was gone. I do worry about her for every second of my life, doing everything I can to take care of her.

     In my plain dark grey t shirt and light blue skinny jeans, I rush over towards my car that was parked right outside of the house. My white canvas shoes scrap against the concrete sidewalk, opening my car door and rushing inside the hot vehicle. It's now 12 in the afternoon, the suns heat still killing everything in its path. For fall, it still gets hot here and the risk of heat strokes are still pretty high.

     I quickly adjust my glasses before taking off to the grocery store, feeling the car's engine roar to life. 'Hopefully the grocery store isn't crowded at this time.'

3rd POV

     "Please, just listen to me!" Keith yells, getting angry towards one of his newest workers.

      "Hey, I am listening. Why wouldn't I listen to a cutie like you?"

     Keith's right eye twitches, never feeling so much anger in his life before. Keith was at his business, trying to clean up the place for next weeks work however one of the newest janitors that he hired not too long ago, wouldn't seem to stop flirting and hitting on the boss. This frustrated the business man, feeling the angry gods roar up inside of him.

      Suddenly, Keith forces himself to relax, sighing, "Whatever, just do your job and clean Lance."

      "You got it," winked the janitor, a idiotic smirk growing on his face. The Cuban man quickly grabs a broom and starts swiping around the compartment area. This then starts to please Keith, a small smile forming on his emo face.

      'Good,' thought Keith.

-----

     'It's so damn crowded! I'm pretty much dodging people!' thought Pidge.

      Pidge was rushing up and down the grocery stores aisles, swinging around people that were in her way. For being small, it's a great bonus for being able to sneak pass people and not having to touch their cooties.

     The small teen quickly takes of what she needs for herself and her mother. For all the money she receives from work, she spends almost all of it on taking care of her business and family. Her leftover money go to a jar that she left in the living room, called the "Emergency Jar". Just in case of any situation happens and in a case of emergency, money will be available to be in use for anything in need. Currently, Pidge got $645.78 in that jar, and the jar itself hiding behind the TV for security.

-----

Sorry for the boring chapter. I'm trying to build up to the event to where the shipping begins for Pidge and Shiro. It shall come within the next chapter. That's a promise. Love ❤️

-Jelly