Chapter Seven - Wanna go out?

3rd POV

It's now been a week from Shiro's break up from Allura, leaving the man hurting and depressed among these days. The business man got himself a nice apartment, a temporary stay while he tries to figure some things out. As for Pidge, not seeing him for awhile starts to worry her. Even tho she doesn't really know the man doesn't mean she doesn't care about him too. She cared the man with all her heart, worried about him every second of her life. And especially since she got no word from him, from text nor in person, this makes her worry even more.

Pidge's business has now caught up, customers repeatedly now entering her store to buy some flowers. And now, it seems like she can't catch a break from her customers, getting so much work that now she got enough money to spend it on some things she wants for herself. The small girl never got the real chance to get something that she wanted for a long time due to the money situations between her and her mother. But now, she got the chance to enjoy it.

Pidge already got herself a new pair of shoes so she's good on the "needs list". Now she's moved from the "needs list" to the "wants list" due to the large amounts of extra money she got left. Even if Shiro did come to see her over this period of week, she wouldn't be able to talk to him for five minutes due to the people rushing in and out of her store. She doesn't know why people were suddenly showing up to buy her items but she wasn't arguing when it comes to money. However, the large amount of demand also leads to large amount of replenish supplies needed to help her store going. This leads to seeing Keith very soon.

      Closing time was now approaching as Pidge prepared herself to start shooing away her customers that either stayed too long or come in way too late. She hated doing that but she has a life as well as them, needing to go home and take care of her mother. Closing the windows, the small and fragile female then grabbed her keys and collected her money. After she was finished, she walked up to the doors, exited, and then locked them.

       'I had a good and busy day today,' thought Pidge, heading towards her car. But before she could unlock it, a familiar car pulls up, parking right beside hers.

       'I've seen that car before...' Pidge thought again, hearing the engine die down and the drivers door open. Shiro popped out, immediately started to smile once his eyes made contact at Pidge. "Shiro?" Pidge questioned, surprised to see the male suddenly was now around her presence.

      "Why you here?" Pidge asked again, watching Shiro walk up to her. The man smiled, "Well, I haven't seen you in awhile. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to see you recently, something just happened."

       Pidge raised an eyebrow, "Like what?"

      Shiro shrugged, "Well, let's just say I made my girlfriend angry and she kicked me out."

      "I'm sorr-"

      "Don't apologize. Just forget it. I don't want to go into detail."

      "Okay..."

Shiro then exhaled deeply, looking Pidge right in the eyes. A couple of silent minutes pass by before Shiro speaks again, placing his hands in his business suit pockets, "So, you want to go somewhere with me?"

"Like where?"

Shiro shrugs, "How about that small ice cream shop downtown around here?"

"You mean Sammy's Ice Cream Shop?" Pidge corrected.

Shiro nodded, the smile still on his face, "Yes. So, I was wondering if you wanna... you know... get something there with me."

       Pidge couldn't help it but smile. She would love to go anywhere with Shiro. From the moment she met him, she knew he was a good man - true to his word. She would give up a whole day of work just to hang out with him but she got other responsibilities than her business that she got to deal with. And one of those responsibilities were to go take care of her mother until she was completely well enough to be on her own.

       To be honest, Pidge wanted her own place, her own stuff, and her own rules - but at this time and moment, that dream had to wait. She wouldn't be able to forgive herself if she just ran off when her mother wasn't completely well. Her mother was the only family she got at the moment and she didn't want to loose her too.

      'I got extra money now to pay Shiro and myself, but I got to go take care of my mother right now,' Pidge thought.

       In response, Pidge smiled and shakes her head. Shiro was first hurt from her reply but knew that she couldn't accept his invitation due either her schedule was full or she got to go take care of something first.

      "Don't take it personally but I got to go home and take care of my mother. How about this weekend? Like Saturday?" smiled Pidge, looking up at Shiro.

     Shiro's smile grew even bigger, nodding upon agreement. "That would be wonderful! I'll text you," Shiro add in.

----

:000

Are they going on their first date soon???

-Jelly