Chapter Twenty Three: Prepartion

Pidges POV

"Mother!? Your so engulfed in this!"

"Yes because this will only happen once in your life!... unless you get divorced and married again," Colleen jokes, fluffing the white wedding dress that I wore in front of one of the large and fancy mirrors. Today was preparation day before the wedding. It's a week after Christmas and the wedding date has been set in January. Shiro and I wanted to get married in the first month of a new year - being a fresh new start together.

       So today was wedding clothing day. I was wearing a large and bulky white wedding dress that made me look 10x bigger than I actually was. It made me feel like I actually had meat and not just only bone. But I pout, the dress not so such my type. Mother fluffed it up a bit more and then stepped back to get the whole picture of the dress on my tiny body. She crosses her arms, her tired eyes filled with disappointment.

"What to burn the dress?"

"Yes," I giggle from her small joke, continuing, "Its not my type."

"I agree. It doesn't represent you. Take it off."

I started to take off the white dress and gently hang it in the "don't want" pile. Mother rushes back to the dress inventory, leaving me alone in the large and high class dressing room. A couple of mirrors hung around, giving the future bride multiple angles to look at for her prefect dress that she would only wear once in her life; if I don't get divorced like mother said in the future.

I felt naked, only in my bra and panties. This was the sixth time my mother has brought me a dress for me to try on - either I didn't like it or it didn't fit. Such disappointment is about to led me out of this dressing room, plainly naked, to go pick out my own dress that fits me by size and style.

Seven minutes later, Colleen arrives again with another dress in her arms. It was simple but got a couple of cute designs on the fabric. It was small and seemed to have some curves to it. Honestly, I got no curves on my body.

"Try this on!" Mother smiled, handing the dress into my arms. I only nod and gently slide the dress onto my body. Before I could look at myself in the multiple mirrors, my mother gasps in shock.

I look at her, "What?"

Colleen brings her hands up to her mouth in just happiness, proud of the selection that she just made. "Honey, look in the mirror."

I looked at the mirror and gasp myself. The dress was prefect. Still white, the dress was comfortably hugging my petite body and gave me a few curves that I've never really had. It wasn't too glittery and it wasn't too shiny. Simple but prefect. The dress was outstanding on my body - telling that the dress was made just for tiny ladies like me. The expensive dress hung down to the floor in a fashionable manner that made me seem like a angel walking across the room. Repeating, it was prefect.

"Katie, we should get this one," Colleen said as she walked up beside me, observing me through the mirror. I nod, "We should."

-----

Shiro's POV

"Shiro, be a man!"

"Shut up!" I snapped, "this is my first time preparing for a wedding."

"And hopefully the last," Lance smirked. I grunt and grabbed a fancy wedding suit I've been eyeing for a while now, taking it to the dressing room. I walked past other men whom were also trying to impress their lovers by getting fancy suits as well.

----

Pidges POV

"Katie, your so gorgeous."

"It's Pidge in public Keith," I corrected, demonstrating the dress that fit me in front of my best friend. My mother and I were still in the dressing room but the door wide up for Keith to put his opinion on the tiny dress that hugs me well. Keith looked like he was about to cry, so happy that his best friend that he ever had in his life, was getting married to someone special. He approved Shiro and is happy to be Shiro's best man for the wedding. For Keith's future shopping list is to get a relative suit to Shiro's before it's too late.

      "She is, isn't she?" Colleen smiles. I just softly blush, my cheeks pink. I couldn't help it but smile in such happiness. Now I couldn't wait for the event to approach in January.

---

Sorry for the long wait! Having personal problems haha... I just lost a friend because of me and I felt hurt for a week but now I'm back ❤

-jelly