Chapter Twenty Nine - Marriage

Sorry for the long wait 😂I got over 800+ notifications. I love y'all. I feel great. Enjoy ❤️

——-

Pidges POV

     Today is finally the day I was always hoping for. The big and special day that would forever be in my memory, loved and cherished til I die. And especially being set on this beautiful bright day, I was almost ready for the big day to start. I'm excited but also terrified. Takashi's family flew from Japan to attend the wedding and the experience of picking them up from the airport was terrible.

      They got lost of course. Just imagine a family of Japanese people, wondering around the airport for a good long hour. The cellphone reception was bad at times so Takashi couldn't get a hold of them while we both searched the airport. My brother was with me, trying to be useful but also as lost as Shiro's family was. And what added into the spiced situation, the frustration of Shiro's dad could be heard from his phone. I do not understand the language that Japanese people speak but I could tell there was frustration in the old mans voice as he screeched into the phone. Shiro just took it in, reassures that they are okay, and figures out where they could have been. And for his family's side of the story, being in a country so unknown to them was hard. Whenever Shiro would asked where they were, they tried their best to describe the surroundings but never seem to be enough in the large airport.

(A/N: So ummmm, an authors error 😂 I originally planned Shiro's family to be in Japan but when I checked chapter 12, it says they moved here... Pretend that that certain part of chapter twelve NEVER EXISTED 😩👌)

     Eventually we found Shiro's family. It was his mother, father and his older brother by the name of Yuki. Yuki looked nearly alike as Shiro, just a bit taller by a couple of inches. If they both wanted to pull off that they were twins, it would have worked. His mom was skinny, petite as me, but much more formal dressed compared to myself. She had a small suitcase in her hands and a leather coat draping over her right shoulder. Dad, big man, looked serious by nature. When he's happy, he's serious. When he's sad, he's serious. When's he angry, he's serious. Terrifying.

      Shiro welcomed his family in America, speaking their native language, and helped lead them out of the airport and into our vehicle. The family didn't talk much, more like observing their environment and the unknown people in the unfamiliar country. I didn't speak a word to them. They were tensed.

      But hopefully I'll be able to talk to them today. I was about to become their first American daughter-in-law in their family and I would be grateful to at least get to properly introduce myself. Shiro mentioned that they were quiet, and off distanced from the world, but my man explains that his older brother is a lawyer and his parents were both engineers. They take business very seriously.

(Authors note: ahhhh, it's been MONTHS and this is where I left off. So please be easy on me if I got information wrong :) )

     "Katie! You look so beautiful!"

       "Mom, I'm getting scared."

        "Of what?"

        "Ah, people? I'm walking down an aisle with people staring at me. What if I trip?"

        "Katie, stop thinking of the impossible. Those people are family. Just walk with pride but in a feminine way to show off your beauty and your womanhood."