Chapter Nine - First Date (Part 2)

3rd POV

Pidge watched the rows of trees go by through the car window, observing the scenery around her. She had never been downtown for a long time, taking in the new things that they added to the small community. Pidge haven't been around the town in a long time due the large amounts of time it takes for her to take for her mother and go to work. Nowadays, it seems like she got no time to do anything that she desires to do - but today seems like a new start. She was finally going out with a new friend and got extra money to spend within each other.

Shiro was behind the wheel, paying attention at the road. Yet at times, he would look at Pidge just to get a sweet glimpse of her. The man loved to see the innocent face and her cute self be so interested towards the outside world. It was a big treat for him, discovering new things about the small girl every time they see each other.

The sun was shining brightly but not to bright to the point that it stings your eyes at the moment it hits your face. It was a soft bright, giving the skies a nice and easy glow. Pidge loved it, a weak smile on her face as she relaxed herself onto the cushioned passenger seat. The girl honestly enjoyed the smooth ride with Shiro, trusting the man more and more every minute she's with him. She trusted him before she got in the car, but like Keith said, once she left the house, bad things started to cloud into her mind. Keith was right - you can't trust every person you barely know.

Silence filled the cars atmosphere but it wasn't a awkward silence. It was more like a comfortable silence. Between the two adults in the car, the two were silently enjoying the outside and each other's company.

      Shiro soon parked outside the small ice cream place that was ran by one person - just like Pidge with her flower shop. Pidge sighs happily, grabbing the cold car door handle and opening the vehicles door. The engine of Shiro's car dies down, the man gripping on his keys.

      Pidge haven't been here for a long time, years to be exact. The last time she had been here was with her brother and father, Matt and Sam Holt. They came here, 2 years and a half ago, to celebrate Matt's acceptance to able to go with his father onto a space mission. It wasn't her fathers first mission but it was towards her brother. On the day Matt and Sam left, she hugged them goodbye and give them wishes of safe traveling before they took off from Earth; but it seems that those were only words. Words that can't prevent a tragedy.

     When her father and brother took off, one month later, the space program announces that they have lost her families spacecraft. Her father and brother were suppose to reach Kerberos by now but no word was spoken from the spaceship upon landing and tracking have been lost. To make up the "accident", they announced them dead - but Pidge thought otherwise.

    Pidge found a pain of sadness inside of her at first when she glimpsed at the building. The sights made her sick, reminding her of her missing family members and how the world just gave up on them without giving it a try. But then a warm large hand gently lays on her shoulder, taking her mind away from the depressing thoughts.

It was Shiro's warm hand, feeling herself start to smile and look up at the man that stood beside her. Shiro smiled back, "You ready?"

Pidge nods, "Of course."

-----

Pidge POV

     'Today was a good day.'

      After we had ice cream together, we sat outside and chatted a bit, then later on, we went to the mall together just to fart around. We snacked on food while we were at the mall, finding myself to have a good time with Shiro. The sun has just know begun to set so the air was starting to turn cold. Shiro insisted to drive me home immediately so I wouldn't catch a cold but I wanted to walk around the town for a little bit, wanting to talk with him more before the day ended.