Chapter Eleven - Carnival Kiss

3rd POV

     "Mother! I'm leaving!" Pidge giggled, excitement rushing through her tiny body. The teenager girl was wearing a cute pair of jean shorts she received from her mother four years ago and a baggy long sleeve shirt. Surprisingly, the clothing still looked new due to her taking good care of her clothing for over these past years.

It's now been a month since Pidge and Shiro begun dating, together having a beautiful and fair relationship over these past weeks. Every Saturday, Shiro would take Pidge somewhere as a date since they can barely see each other due to the busy work days. Pidge's flower business was still growing, having plenty of work for herself to do. And as for Shiro, a busy business man is always busy. At times, Shiro would be gone for a whole week, traveling by plane from state to state and even from country to country. The man was part of a huge company which requires lots of focus and flexibility by schedule. Tho it might be hard for a simple employee to travel all the time but Shiro is next in line to become the head business owner and manager towards the huge competitive company. Within a couple of years, he'll get the promotion and would hire people to go do the traveling for him while he just sits back and relax - money simply rolling into his wallet. It was hard to get a personal connection with the current head owner and manager but Shiro knew it was all worth it.

This weekend, in this soon darkening sky of a Saturday, Shiro was going to take Pidge to a carnival that just came into town a couple days ago. Shiro, himself, returned from his recent business trip and now back to his apartment just a couple days ago too, excited to see his girlfriend. It might seem like a bland relationship that only the couple could see each other once a week however to include, Shiro has a planned date to invite Pidge to his place for one night for fancy dinner next weekend. The man isn't much of a cooker yet he was willing to give it a try.

Being honest, at this busy point of time, texting between each other was the best they could do at the moment. At least they were communicating to each other over the month, texting to each other everyday. Sweet and loving messages, always putting Pidge and Shiro in a good mood for a new starting day.

Colleen smiled, a thick blue blanket wrapped around her fragile body. She stood by the kitchen countertop, embracing the beauty that her daughter behold. Pidge stood by the front door, impatiently waiting for Shiro to pick her up.

"Well, have a fun time baby. And tell your friend that I said hello," Colleen softly spoke, the smile still on her face. Pidge just giggled, looking at her mother, "Mom, he's my boyfriend."

"I know, just teasing ya."

-----

"Well, you look cute today."

"Oh stop it!" Pidge chuckled, buckling up her seat beat as she comfortably relaxed onto the cushioned passenger seat. Shiro grinned, starting to drive away from Pidge's place, seeing the stars starting to glow out from the sky. This was Pidge's first time going to a carnival and once she told Shiro that, he immediately made plans to take her there and especially during the night - where the carnival expressed itself in bright and colorful lights. Pidge returned to her window sighting, observing the dark skies and sleepy neighborhood.

Within moments, Shiro's car approached the carnival, the skies bright from the shining lights. The scenery just took Pidge's breath away, grabbing her attention immediately and boosting up her energy for some excitement. Shiro glimpsed at Pidge, softly chuckling, "Like what you see?"

Pidge nods, impatiently waiting for Shiro as he finally found a place to park his car. The engine dies, a pleasing sound for the teenager. Pidge opened the car door, exited and was just in complete shock. The teenager never seen such loving and colorful environment, hearing people laugh and scream all around her. Pidge had only been to Six Flags twice in her life, both with her older brother, but within her 19 years of life, this was her first visiting a carnival.