Chapter Nineteen: The Flower Girl And The Flower Boy

Pidges POV

"Thank you! Come again!"

A ring of the door closing as I watched one of my customers leave my flower shop with a bundle of Tithonia diversifolias in his hands. Tithonia diversifolias are beautiful and bright yellow flowers that bloom amazingly in the fall; also known as "Mexican Sunflowers". I've been getting lots of sales from them, my biggest attraction yet during the autumn season.

A couple more customers enter, looking and observing my place. I could tell that they were new at my shop. I patiently waited behind the cashier countertop, enjoying the weak sunlight that shined through my windows. Even after lunch time, it's hard to get warmth at the hottest point of the day. I exhaled through my nose, now glancing down at my shoes. Thoughts became to run through my head. 'How is Keith doing? He seems to be getting along with Lance lately - which is good? I still don't understand how one person would complain about another then suddenly, hallelujah, they're now dating. Like nothing happened!'

"Excuse me?"

"Huh?" I glance up, seeing one of the same new customers I saw earlier in front of me. It was a lady, tall and had beautiful white hair. She was young and well dressed. "Oh, do you need some help ma'am?" I ask, weakly grinning.

The lady nods, "Yeah. I'm new to this place and I'm looking for a bundle of mixed flowers that I can get? My ex boyfriend told me that this was a good place for flowers so I decided to come here. The flowers are for my mother."

"Just a mixture?"

The lady nods again, holding a small lady like handbag in her hands. "Let me see what I can find," I said as I excused myself out back of the shop. The lady stood where she was, patiently waiting for my return.

-----

Shiro's POV

"Shiro, I don't thing it's a good idea to bug Katie when she's working," Keith pointed out.

I sighed, "I know but I'm bored and I just want to help get out with the business."

Keith shrugs, "Okay, fine. I can't stop you but don't be surprised if Katie starts beating your ass."

      "Very funny..."

I grumbled, grabbing my jacket before I left my girlfriends house. I went to Pidge's house to see if her mother was doing alright but found that Keith already beat me to it. And from my successful business trip from Florida, my boss gave me the week off from work and the schedule to my next business trip. This time, the trip is set in the next couple months to New York - a big and busy place.

------

Pidges POV

"Here we go. Here's your bundle of flowers," I smiled, sliding the bundle of mixed flowers into her hands. The lady smiled, making direct eye contact in appreciation. But something hit me immediately, my eyes trying to recognize the lady while I held the eye contact back at her. The lady seemed so similar after getting a good look of her - the pretty face, white hair, crystal eyes. Something wasn't right and I could feel it under my skin.

I gulped, forcing my eyes to look away as I walked behind the countertop. The lady just watches, unaware about the situation going on in my head at the moment. "How much?" She asked.