Chapter Five - I Had To See You

Pidges POV

     "Thank you, come again!"

     The doorbell rings, the customer walking out with one of my plant care books. Today was a bit of a slow day but has increased by a couple of customers now. As I suspected, the business will fully be back into its busy state very soon. It was now late in the afternoon, almost closing time within 30 minutes. The sun now barely provided any sunshine but it did leave a beautiful soft glow around the atmosphere of my store.

A small smile was on my pale face, taking in the beautiful site and the cool air. Fall was at its fullest and winter was now slowly approaching. My business is usually still busy around the cold winter because of the flowers I plant usually only bloom in the winter. All I do is just cycle the different types of plants by the seasons - where they grow best.

Winter is one of my favorite seasons. It snows for a good amount of weeks, bringing beauty among my town. And especially when the Christmas lights come up, the skies are more colorful than ever. Adjusting my glasses, I look down to my shoes. The shoes I wore today were converse however by how the wear was on it, you could tell that they are no where new. The clothes, the white shirt and blue jeans that I wore, were still in good condition. I could wear the clothes little longer but I knew I needed a new pair shoes soon.

The door rings again, it opening. The autumns fresh air rushed in, sending me chills throughout my tender skin. Looking up, all I could do was gasp.

"You again?!"

A deep male chuckle responded, the tall figure walking up towards the countertop. I was behind the countertop, resting my hands onto its cold surface.

I smiled, "Why are you here again?"

"Well, I had to come by and see you again," replied Shiro, fixing up his casual clothes.

A small giggle in response, feeling my cheeks softly turn pink from the man. "Really?" I questioned.

"Yap," Shiro smiled back, pulling out his wallet form his back jean pockets. His large hands opened the leather material, pulling out some cash. All I could do was watch, feeling my heart about to burst out of my chest.

Shiro continued," Now, I would like a bundle of flowers however you got to surprise me. Get me something that a girl would like."

"It for your girlfriend?"

"Well, not exactly."

"You cheating on her?"

"Well no.... Don't think so," giggled Shiro. I rolled my eyes, walking off towards the back of the store.

Shiro POV

'Damn, she's still cute. She's cute everyday.'

I watched as the small female ran off towards the back of the store, leaving me behind for me to wait. A deep chuckle filled my throat, looking down at my wallet as I sent myself into deep thought.

'Why am I here? She's not my girlfriend. I need to be at my girlfriends place right now... but fuck it.'

Small panted footsteps approach me, Pidge returning with a bundle of beautiful BueatyBerrys in her small hands when I looked down at the small female. This time, I know not to grab so fast. I quickly smiled, watching as the girl lift up the flowers up for me to grab.

"Thank you, how much?" I asked, grabbing the flowers gently from Pidge. The girl smiled, "It's on the house."

I scoffed, "Not much of a business here. Seems more like a charity now."