Chapter Twenty Two: Promotion

Shiro's POV

"I'm sorry Katie but I have to attend this. They called me and it's an emergency."

Pidge whines, crossing her arms. "Right now?"

"Right now," I cleared, getting off the couch that rested in my apartment living room and gripping onto my winter jacket that hung by the front door. Pidge watched, embracing herself in one of my blankets that I've given her to warm up in. "But the Christmas premiere is about to happen," Pidge whined, sniffling softly. The girl glanced at the large flat screen TV, a Christmas movie about to start.

I sighed, putting on the jacket. "I know baby but I got to go."

Pidge grunts in reply. Snow was pouring outside and I had to prepare for the messy weather within minutes. I simply waved a goodbye before I exited my apartment, locking the door behind me. I didn't want someone to break in to hurt or scare my engaged girlfriend. It want her safe and sound. Now I had to get myself down to my car so I could quickly go to the company building.

Pidges POV

'Yes! He's gone! Now to go exploring again!'

I slithered out of the blanket, letting the TV still be on, as I went into Shiro's bedroom once more. I opened the doors to see a messy room - clothes on the floor, a laptop on the bed pillows and some food wrappers around the bed stand. I could tell that last time he cleaned was just for the special occasion of first visiting his place- but I didn't care at this moment.

I went and opened Shiro's closet, the area large itself. There hung Shiro's clothes; ranging from simple t shirts to complex tuxedos. From the looks of it, the clothes were purchased somewhere expensive, not cheap like Walmart. I usually go to Walmart to get the clothes that I need.

I slowly pulled out a jacket, black and large for my petite figure. I studied it then brought the item up to my nose. I sniffed.

A huge smile grew on my face. 'It's smells just like my man!'

I excitedly put on the jacket, the sleeves too long and going past my arm length. I couldn't help it but grin cheek to cheek and flap the excess sleeve room left on the jacket. I inhaled the smell of my manly man. 'Reminds me of him.'

----

Shiro's POV

'I have to hurry!'

I parked my car in the garage building, running with a business suitcase in my right hand towards the garage elevator. Hardly any cars were around, only a few spotted here and there. My misty breath was floating in the air, my body shivering against the cold.

Pidges POV

'I'm hungry!'

I stuck my head in Shiro's refrigerator, glimpsing around for some food. I find some of Shiro's leftover soup from the restaurant we ate at about a week ago. My plans were to heat it up and slurp up the whole thing in one gulp.

---

Shiro's POV

"I'm here boss!" I panted, my heart racing against my skin from the running I just did. Boss smiles, sitting behind his desk casually as his hands were held together. A soft yet weak smile was on the old man's face, wrinkles deepening in his pale skin. His white hair was as bright as the raining snow from outside. His blue eyes soften under the office light. "Mr. Shirogane, you came in pretty quickly. Come, sit down. We have matters to discuss."