Chapter Seventeen: The New Couple

I've noticed some of my readers skipping certain chapters of mine and later on privately messaging me why some parts don't make sense or asking questions that could have been easily answered by reading and analyzing the text. Please read for better understanding and perspective of the book. I don't understand why people would be skipping in the first place???
------
Pidges POV

"Katie, he followed me," Keith confessed. I just growled, glaring at the unknown male that stood beside my best friend. This guy was about the same height as Keith but tan, had brown hair and got deep dark blue eyes. Apparently as Keith explains it, it's the janitor that he recently hired to work for him at his workplace. And from the looks at it, he followed my best friend back to my place. I exhaled, "Again, did you really had to bring him here? My mother will be so overwhelmed if she finds out there's a unknown man in her house."

"Katie, I'm sorry, but yes. He wanted to come with me so I just took him here because I got plans to come here in the first place since this morning. He's too stubborn and hard to handle," Keith replied. Lance stood beside Keith, recognizing the same small and petite female that was yelling at his new boyfriend earlier today. And from that incident, Lance is a bit afraid to accidentally tick Pidge off now.

       I cross my arms, "If's he's going to stay here, what's his name then?"

        "Lance and..."

        "And what?" I asked, raising an eyebrow impatiently to wait for the runoff sentence to be completed. Lance tensed, slowly shifting close to Keith, afraid that the new news will upset Pidge. Keith finished, "... well, Lance and I are now currently dating now."

       "How? You just complained that he was an asshole and a nosey bitch this morning," I objected. Lance stayed quiet, not knowing that Keith was talking shit about him early in the morning. Keith shrugged, "Well, I don't even know myself. It's that mystery connection that somehow brings two people together. And honestly, I didn't know myself until Lance pointed it out. From out of all my employees, I wasted all of my energy watching him, observing him, and thinking about him every time I see him or going to see him. Man, I mean, life is mysterious."

        Keith was right, life is mysterious. I knew I couldn't stay mad at my best friend forever so I forced myself to accept it. I nod, "Okay. Fine. I won't stop you because it's your life choice."

        Keith then softly smiled, relaxed from my current response. Then I added, "But please leave before midnight. This "Flower Girl" needs beauty rest for tomorrow's work."

        Keith nods, "Of course."

-----

       "Lance, why of you look like a fuck boy?"

        "Excuse me?"

         "Katie. It's not always nice to speak out your mind all the time. Think before you speak," Keith warned. I shrugged, "Well, it's true. Lance looks like a guy who would fuck anything that walks."

        "I'm offended Katie."

         I grumbled, warning, "It's Pidge. Don't call me Katie again or I'll rip your eye sockets out. And get used to this girl giving you honest comments."

"Katie, be nice."

       "How come Keith can call you Katie?"

      "Lance, I will rip out your eye sockets and force them up your asshole if you say that name one more time. It's Pidge. Get it through your damn thick skull."

      "Katie!?" Keith snapped.

"What? When did you take someone else's side instead of mine? Where did those 15 years go to? And I didn't get my shipment!" I growled. I laid on the couch, my legs laying on top of Keith's lap as he sat beside my laid body. I wasn't going to allow a stranger sit his ass on my couch so I made Lance sit on the floor. The man seemed not to mind, his legs crossed in his long jeans, sitting in front of us. Keith sighed, ignoring all my questions and comments, "I think your tired. Go to bed."

"Oh? When did you become my father?"

Keith tensed, "Katie, you get super grumpy and bitchy when your tired. Lance and I will leave once your in bed."

       "My house - y'all leave first," I argued.

        "It's your mother's house," Keith objected.

       "But I live here, you don't."

-----

Lances POV

      "Dang, she's a mess."

      "Well, she's usually very sweet. She's probably grumpy from not seeing her boyfriend, whom has been almost gone for a week now," Keith pointed out.

      I sighed, digging my hands into my jacket pockets. Keith and I were just kicked out of Pidge's house, nearly midnight. The air was sharp cold, hurting my breath as I breathed in. I ask, "Why her boyfriend gone for so long?"

Keith softly chuckles, walking up to his car. I just followed, waiting for my response. Keith opens the passenger car door for me, being polite. "Oh, such a gentleman," I teased, stepping in the car.

"Shut up."

Keith closes my door, in seconds entering the car from the drivers side. After slamming the door closed, the man looks at me, turning on the car so the heater can begin heating up the car. Keith then answers my question I asked from minutes ago, "Katie's boyfriend is a very serious business man so he goes on lots of business trips. He makes good money so if they ever have plans on getting married someday in the future, they will both be financially stable. I mean, Katie makes money too but not in huge amounts like Shiro does."

"Shiro? That his name?"

Keith nods, "I think it's more like a nickname as Katie said before but that's the only name I know to call him by. He's not bad actually but if I were you, he's pretty protective. Don't mess with him or he'll destroy you ass."

I chuckle, "Don't worry. The only person who can destroy my ass is you."

"I hate you."

-----

Lance is being a kinky slut now... lol

And why is Keith already thinking about marriage for Katie and Takashi? Is he now accepting Takashi for dating his best friend? Does Keith think that Takashi is now a acceptable and right person for Katie? Does Keith now trust Takashi? Think about it. 😉

-Jelly