Awkward Dinner

Fan Cover by @hopefaithlove1203

Julie's pov:

I finally finished my homework when Alissa got home with the groceries.

"Do you need any help Alissa?" I ask, laughing when she comes into the kitchen with six bags on each of her arms.

"It's fine Julie, I can make Ashton do it." She says and sets down the bags.

Each bag was filled to the very top and I am surprised how she was able to carry it all by herself.

"Ashton!!" Alissa then screams.

As if on cue, Ashton tiredly walks down the stairs and looks at all the bags his mom just brought in.

But when he walks a little closer and sees what is in all of the bags, he looks at his mom in horror, "I thought you were just getting milk!"

Alissa rolls her eyes at him, "Well I was already there anyways." She says, putting the only thing she had to get in the refrigerator...

The milk.

I feel bad because I'm not helping her out and stuff, But I wouldn't know where they go anyways. I just watch as her and Ashton get the rest of the groceries and put the food away.

I can tell that they are super close. The way they easily make conversation or how they just hand each other the food without even looking at one another, so used to each others presence.

Not only that, but they look a lot like each other too.

They both have the same exact shade of hair color, and the same blue eyes also.

Me on the other hand, I look more like my dad. My dad and I both have brown hair and more of a hazel color eyes, while my mom has black hair and more of a darker brown eye color, like Jake.

I sit for a couple minutes before I start to get bored.

I stand up to leave, letting them talk about...

Whatever they are talking about...

And I head to the living room to see Jake still in the same spot he was when I first walked in the house.

"Jake you should do your homework." I say grabbing the tv remote off him. He pouted at me but I give him the 'not in the mood stare' that I got from mom.

"But Julie...." he whines, but I just keep the same look on my face.

What? I am making sure he is starting the school year with good grades.

...

Plus I want the tv so it's a winwin situation.

For me.

After a couple seconds of us staring at each other, he stands up and stomps to his backpack.

And that's how you do it.

I let out a small victory smile and sit on the couch and look to see all that was on tv.

And thankfully there was..

Absolutely nothing.