Gym Times Are Fun Times, Yeah Right

Fan Cover by @AelinAshdown

Julie's pov:

I can't believe this is happening.

Ashton Rider, is actually having a well, kinda normal conversation with me.

I mean, the last time he made a snarky, cocky comment was about 30 seconds ago.

I think that's a new record!!

We just finished the two laps and are now sitting on the grass just waiting for everyone else to finish.

Of course, we had our little race at the end, but he ended up winning a split second faster.

I'm surprised he is not totally rubbing it in my face though.

Well actually, I take that back, he did for a couple seconds, but way shorter than I expected.

We watch as some people just finished their first lap so I'm guessing this is probably going to take a while.

"What are you thinking about nerd?"

Yep, and cocky Ashton is back.

"Why do you always come up with nicknames?"

"Because I can."  He says laying back on the grass. Well not grass, more like the really smelly turf. He puts his hands under his head and closes his eyes.

I stare at him in amusement as every once in awhile, his face would scrunch up for no apparent reason.

"Are you done checking me out yet?"

"I wasn't checking you out."

"Yes you were, I could sense it."

"You know, not everyone who looks at you means they're checking you out."

"Yeah but why look when you can study." He says giving a goofy grin, with his eyes still closed.

"Study what?"

"Me of course. Maybe some day they will even make an emoji after me."

"I thought they already made the poop emoji?" I stifle a laugh while I hear him grunt in response.

I look over to see another person just finish. When I look at their face, I could definitely recognize who it was.

"I didn't know Samantha was in our gym class." I whisper to Ashton.

He opens his eyes and gives me a dumbfounded look. "Yeah.. she tries to talk to me a lot. Maybe she is still dating Luke."

"Maybe?"

"Well you never know... he dates around a lot. He always says he's trying to find the 'perfect girl'." I try not to laugh as he says the last part in air quotes.

I watch as she looks around frantically, looking for something, or someone. She finally turns around and sees Ashton, then me.

I can see her eyes flash some sort of emotion, but I couldn't exactly tell what it was.

But this makes me think back to what Gianna was talking about.

If that was the case, I would feel so bad for Luke.

He seems so nice, even though I have only talked to him a couple times, he hasn't done anything to make me think otherwise.

"Hey Ashton" She says standing right in front of him.

Gee.. glad to see you too.

"Wait" Ashton says looking up. He signals her to move over. And she slowly follows his hand into the direction he was pointing at. I was pretty confused at first until he makes her stop, having a shield so the sun wasn't in his eyes.