Chpt 8: "That girl will stab herself before she cries."

Jace's P.O.V

Anna slides down a wall we passed and sits on the ground. It has been a long time since someone so bluntly reminded her of her past. Devin and Ayla sit beside her while Brad and I sit in front of her.

She had been through a lot and she doesn't handle being reminded very well and as I said her cousin was very blunt.

She just sits there while she let herself calm down from the encounter. She has her face buried in her hands but she isn't crying. Anna doesn't cry, that girl will stab herself before she cries. Her cousin is just one of the biggest dicks on earth who thinks he can do whatever he wants and Anna had to face that. Devin and I were with Anna when it all went down and we hate the guy as much as she does.

I still remember how we met.

~~~~~~~~

A girl walks into the class with a triumph grin. She is the last to enter, but she's still is 5 minutes early.

"Hey." Devin sitting next to me gets my attention. "Isn't that the new girl who challenged the teacher the other day?" He asks pointing at the girl who just walked in. "I think so." I reply.

Two days ago she wasn't paying attention in class at all, instead she was drawing in her notebook. The teacher scolded her for doing so, but she simply asked him: "It doesn't matter if I'm paying attention or not as long as I get good grades right?" The teacher replied with: "But you won't get good grades if you don't pay attention." "Oh I will." She responded with a polite tone.

Our teacher was clearly flabbergasted by this badass 8 year old. "Do you dare to bet on it?" The teacher challenged her. She instantly replied "Sure." Again the man was shocked by the overconfidence of the child sitting in front of him.

"Fine if you get a 100% on your next spelling test I'll give you a chocolate bar and if you don't you have to give me one." The teacher stated. "Deal." The girl answered and shook his hand.

That spelling test was yesterday at the end of the day.

"Welcome class" the teacher begins. "I have the results of almost all the spelling test but I still need to grade one. To be more specifically Anna's test." He said while looking at the girl I now know is named Anna.

"Why didn't you do it yet?" She asks.

"I thought it would be good to let everyone see what happens if you have an attitude towards a teacher." He answered. It was almost like this man wanted to humiliate an 8 year old.

He checked the test and his expression changed in the process. He eventually got up, walked to her desk, threw the test and a chocolate bar on her table and muttered "congratulations, but this was not the point I was trying to make."

The teacher continued his lesson while completely ignoring what just happened. Anna didn't pay attention again, but this time the teacher didn't say anything about it. She continued drawing till the bell rang signaling it is lunch time.

"Oh dear."

"What's wrong?" I ask the disappointed Devin next to me.

"I forgot my lunch again." He pouts.

"You can have some of my chocolate." A voice behind us says.

We turn around and see Anna holding out a piece of chocolate for Devin to take.

"A-are you sure?" Devin stutters.

"Yeah, I have another one in my bag in case I got 99% or something." She replies.