Chpt 11: "It's cute, in a fucked up way"

Anna's P.O.V

Ughh can I just punch everyone here in the face. Why did her stupid brain had to ask me that stupid question? Couldn't she just connect the dots in her head? Like, you know my last name is Preston, you know his last name is Preston, you know he knows me and vice versa. Then how hard is it to figure out we're related.

"Hey guys, wait!" Jace says all of a sudden.

"Why should we wait, we're finally making some progress." Ayla protests.

"I promised Rose to win her a stuffed animal for her at the festival fair." He explains with a sheepish grin.

As I said this place is absolutely humongous. If you want to dance to EDM all day you can, but if you also promised to win a stuffed animal, you can! My uncle was probably dying for money again. He'll throw everything he can in one event to attract as much people as possible. As much as I hate him, I must admit he's a good business man.

"Guess we're going to the fair then!" Brad states, not at all irritated that we have to stop at the fair.

Jace walks off after promising us he'll be back in 15 minutes.

"Soo, what are we gonna do?" Devin asks.

I chuckle. "Well we here anyway, so why not go to the shooting range stand"

"Okay."

"Let's go!"

We ended up making it a competition. Whoever could shoot the most targets gets free churros. Since only three people could shoot at the same time and Ayla didn't want to participate, it ended up being just Brad, Devin and I. Brad was sitting at my left, I sat in the middle and Devin was shooting at my right.

"God dammit Brad!" I laughed. Brad has such a terrible aim that my bullet hit his and now we both wasted a bullet.

"Why is this so hard?" Brad asks dramatically while I hit another target. 5 down, 7 standing, 6 bullets left.

I'm not really paying attention on how the rest is doing, but I know brad is fucking up though. I already saw 3 bullets flying into my vision from the left. I think Devin is doing fine but I'm not sure.

I proceed with putting another cork bullet in the gun, aiming and hitting another target.

"Why are you two so good at this?" Brad asks desperately  

"They're not incredibly good at this, you just kinda really suck." Ayla answers for us while we keep our focus.

"Fuck you."

"Love you too Brad." Ayla laughs.

I shoot my last bullet. 11 out of 12 targets hit. Pretty good if I do say so myself. Devin finishes too and we step back to look at the results.

Brad hit 5 targets and Devin and I both hit 11.

"Dammit. Tie." I say.

"We have to determine who the winner is." Devin states in an epic, challenging voice. "We do this by a best of three of the most epic game in all eternity. We're competing IN ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!!!" He shouts.

"Oh it's on."

"ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS." We shout while slamming our fists on our open palms.

I have paper and Devin got rock. Ha I win this one. He narrows his eyes when I shoot him a triumph grin.

"ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS!"

Devin got rock again while I have scissors. Now he's the one who grins at me and I'm the one narrowing their eyes.