Chpt 18: "It takes longer then teaching a kid magic the gathering"

Jace's P.O.V

"Hey Anna, I still have your phone." I call out to her when we start walking.

"Oh yeah right." She turns to me. "Thanks a million, how did you find it?"

I hand her the phone. "I saw this dude with one creepy look on his face calling with a phone that looked just like yours and no one else has a BMO case, so I went up to him and retrieved your phone."

She gives me a skeptical look. "Thanks again."

"It was nothing." I answer.

"Hey question." Brad begins. "How the fuck did we lose each other, AGAIN?"

"I don't know, nobody knows. This festival is haunted." Ayla answers him.

"Hell is probably easier to escape than this mess." Devin comments.

"You could say that, but what happened to everyone?" Brad continues.

"I was suddenly alone and I saw you in the distance." Ayla answers.

"I was apparently drifting off to the right and no one else followed me." I reply.

"The sort of same thing happened with me but to the left and then I spotted Anna." Devin explains.

We all look at Anna who seems to be strategizing something. She looks lost in thought and focused.

"Aaannd, what the fuck happened to you?" Ayla asks her.

"I probably drifted off as well, don't know where to. I lost my phone, saw the guy who had it and followed him. He went through an alley and so did I. Two weird guys working for my cousin were standing there, with of course, the intention to abduct me. Distracted them and left to find my cousin. Then Devin decided to mix in and eventually we walked back here together." She hastily explains and our expressions could probably be described as: What-the-actual-fuck?-that-was-a-bit-too-fast.

"Why would you voluntarily approach your cousin?" I wonder.

"Turns out he's even more of a dick than we thought, so I decided to at least make sure he breaks his nose." Anna answers with a deadly tone and her eyes narrowed at nothing in particular.

Right when Brad wanted to ask her why, she dismisses it telling us she will explain once were out of here.

"Speaking about what we're gonna do once were out of here, what are we gonna do?" Devin asks.

"Permanently remember to always check the host of an event we want to attend." Anna says.

"Good one. The sleepover at Anna's place also sounded really appealing." Ayla suggest and Anna chuckles.

"You know what also sounds appealing? Leaving this fucking place." Brad curses.

"That's what we've been trying to do for the past two hours and I'm not even sure if we will make it before the rest of the festival starts to leave." I reply. "Plus we were talking about what we will do after we left this place."

"Right. We could go swimming, that's always fun." Brad redeems.

"Maybe next Sunday." I say.

"I can't, I have a tournament at Nakahara's." Anna informs and we look at her quizzically.

"What?! As much as it is for practical purposes, it's also really fun to do." She defends.

"We'll go another time." She assures after she saw Brad's disappointed expression.

"By the way," Ayla begins. "Maybe we should come up with another plan. Since Devin's plan kinda like, you know, failed."

"That's not a bad idea, but what do you want to change about it?" The plan deviser himself asks.