Chpt 21: "What even happened"

Chapter 21 took forever to finish, but it's finally done. So I hope you enjoy and I'll try to get 22 out as fast as possible. Oh and I hope you all had amazing holidays! Let's start.

------------------------

Ayla's P.O.V

As we're walking back I think back to the moment where we lost Anna, or found out we lost her. I briefly wonder how long she was gone before we noticed it.

She told us she was stabbed with a tranquillizer, but how the fuck did Michael get his hands on syringes and tranquillizer. It's not like you can walk into your local pharmacy and be like: Hey I want to knock out my niece and rape her, got anything to help me? And they be like: Yeah sure, here are some tranquillizer filled syringes, that'll be 25 bucks. No it doesn't work like that.

Oh wait, I forgot, he's rich.

We approach at Jace and Devin and Devin immediately decides to scold Anna and her disappearing acts. This girl should be a magician.

"I thought I just asked you NOT to disappear like that." He scoffs and narrows his eyes at Anna.

"Oh yeah because I was the one who decided to knock myself out and let them take me away." She bites back.

"What even happened?" He asks annoyed.

"I got stabbed with a syringe containing tranquillizer. Now what happened here in the meantime? You two look more troubled than Brad and Ayla before we started to leave." Anna responds and Brad and I sigh loudly.

"And here I thought it was not gonna haunt me." Brad mutters.

"Sorry pal but this was destined to haunt the both of you." Anna comments. "But back to my question, what happened here?"

"Well you disappeared." Devin snarls.

"That's not it, I know there is or was something else. Tell me." She demands.

"It doesn't matter, let's just go." Devin says and Anna huffs out an agitated breath. "Oh and give me this." He says while snatching Anna's bag from her shoulder.

She gives him a quizzical look. "Why?"

"Because I don't want you losing your bag. It's already a miracle you still have it and I'd like you to drive us all home once we're out." He tells her.

"Thanks." She sighs in defeat. "And for everyone's information, don't bother calling me because my phone is in pieces."

"What? How?" Jace questions.

"They broke my phone and put some parts of it in a bucket in the room I was held in to make a point or something, I don't know." She explains.

"How low can they get?" Jace scoffs.

"I don't know, but they're digging their way to hell at this rate."

"Oh and I've established a new strategy, as far as you can call it one. If someone sees something significantly suspicious they run and the rest follows. Just run straight to the exit. If you or someone else gets taken away make as much noise as you possibly can and chase after the person getting abducted." Anna adds.

"This could be your most impulsive plan yet." I say.

"It probably is, let's go." Anna replies and starts to move.

I internally sigh and follow her. Even after a solid two hours the exit is STILL so near yet so far. I lost count of our interruptions and just like everyone else I really want to go home.

We pass the toilet and I chuckle to myself. 5 minute toilet trip, heh good one. Luckily we don't have to do that anymore.

I get snapped out of my daydream by a request from Jace.