VII.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER VII.

"REIA! BREAKFAST IS READY!"

Groaning, Reia forced herself to get out of bed and almost fell over.

At the last moment, she caught herself and instead of crashing to the ground, she knocked down a pile of her books.

BOOM!

"Reia, what's going on up there?" Hope Lupin yelled.

"Nothing!" Reia replied, "Just tripped over!"

Quickly, she pulled her hair into a ponytail, tidied herself up, got ready for the day, before she rushed down the stairs.

She found Remus already at the table—as always—and Hope pouring some tea into Remus' cup.

Reia eyed the empty seat beside Remus as she took hers beside her mother.

Her mother, noticing this, informed her, "Your father is already at work."

Reia let out a breath, "O-okay."

"Tea?" Hope offered, but before Reia could reply, there was a loud tapping on the window in the kitchen.

"Remus, pour Reia some tea," Hope ordered, before she rushed over to the window, "It must be the mail."

Unlike most wizarding families, they took a while to eat breakfast and clean and pack up the table and wash the dishes, as Hope disliked using magic to do simple tasks that could be done without magic.

None of the other members of the family had ever protested, since Hope did as good a job as magic could do.

Reia and Remus often helped Hope clean up, but sometimes their mother was so quick and skilled at it that they couldn't keep up.

"How's the mail?" Remus asked as Hope returned to the table with the Daily Prophet in hand, looking slightly irritated.

"The owl bit me," Hope grumbled, "I don't understand why you wizards and witches don't just have mailmen rather than owls."

Remus let out a laugh, "Owls are much faster."

Hope protested, "They may be fast, but they bite."

"How's the mail?" Remus repeated his question after a while.

"I saw something about erm, what was it—Death Eater attacks," Hope said, passing the Daily Prophet to Remus, "You can read it; I can't understand a thing in that newspaper anyway."

Reia scooted over to read the Daily Prophet with her older brother:

DAILY PROPHET

Death Eaters attack McKinnon family.

In the recent attack of Death Eaters on the pure-blooded McKinnon family, two of the family members were lost. However, Aurors...

Reia had stopped reading and scooted back to her spot with a sigh, "All bad news. As always."

Remus echoed her sigh and said, "Yeah. It's sad, really."

***

When Dumbledore arrived at their front doorstep, Hope almost fainted with shock.

Dumbledore apologised sincerely, offering to help, but Remus and Reia took care of their mother, helping her upstairs to rest.

"Professor," Remus said, after they'd settled down.