XXXIX.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER XXXIX.

Reia froze for a moment.

"W-what?"

"I love you," Regulus repeated, his eyes widening as though he was realising it himself. "I love you, Reia Lupin."

Reia's heart was thundering in her chest.

Did she love him? Did she?

But then she realised that she didn't even have to ask herself that question.

She admired his face—his smile, his beautiful eyes, his handsome features...

And then she saw his heart—his good heart, his kindness...

"I love you, too, Regulus Black."

***

Their graduation ceremony went smoothly.

Each of the Seventh Years were called up to the stage one by one, until there were no more Seventh Years left in the audience.

And when Reia shut her trunk and looked around her dorm room for the last time in her life, she reminisced the old memories she had shared with her friends, both old and new, she smiled.

And as she shut the door behind her, she instead, gazed into the future, rather than the past.

***

Their final Hogwarts Express ride back to King's Cross Station was solemn.

Lula had gone with a group of Fifth Years, so Regulus and Reia sat alone in the compartment they used to share with Narcissa, Lucius and Josie.

They had already changed out of their robes—they had both been aware of the fact that it'd be the last time they'd be doing so—and now they gazed out of the window, watching the scenery flash by.

They were almost there. They both knew it.

"Can you believe it?" Regulus asked Reia quietly, "Can you believe that we're leaving?"

"I can't," Reia shook her head, "But we are. This is it."

A while later, as the train pulled to a stop, Platform 9 and ¾ came into view, crowded with parents waiting to collect their children.

Reia spotted Remus there—but not Lyall or Hope.

Remus saw her through the Compartment Window, and smiled at her, and she managed a small smile back.

Her brother looked more tired than usual. He had dark circles under his eyes and his face was marred with two new scars.

"This is it, Rei," Regulus said, getting slightly teary-eyed as the other students began disembarking.

Neither of them moved, though.

"Yes. This is it." Reia responded, a tear rolling down her cheek.

Suddenly, she pulled him close, into a kiss, and after they pulled away, they remained in an embrace, both of them with tears streaming down their cheeks.

In that moment, they were just Regulus and Reia. They were not Black and Lupin—not pure-blood and half-blood.

They were just Regulus and Reia.

"I love you, Regulus."

"I love you, Reia."

"We'll meet again," Reia said, smiling tearily, "I'm not going to say goodbye to you. Because this isn't goodbye."

"This isn't goodbye," Regulus agreed, "See you soon, Reia."

They took their trunks down from the racks and made their way off the train.

Reia spotted Lula with her family, and waved goodbye, before going to her older brother.

She met eyes one last time with Regulus—and he gave her a smile—before he was pulled away by his parents and vanished with a pop of the sound of apparition.

Reia sighed and turned to Remus, who had gotten so much taller throughout the year.

"You're tall now," Reia commented, trying to sound casual as she furiously wiped her tears away.

Remus didn't say anything. He just hugged her.

That action said more than any words could ever say.

Then, Remus asked, "Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," Reia muttered.

And then, she left Platform 9 and ¾ for the last time, as a Hogwarts Student.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter; hopefully I'll be able to work on the next one soon!

Vote and comment if you enjoyed it!

Also, be sure to check out my Random book, Snowy Owl Feathers--there's information about it in the 'Introduction' chapter of it!

Thanks so much,

-lilia <3