LXVI.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER LXVI.

Reia raised her fist to knock on the place that had been her home for eleven years.

She had gotten her wand back from Regulus, who had kept it for the past eleven years after Narcissa Malfoy had given it to him, and she had apparated to Debbie's house.

She was consumed with nerves, because she was uncertain as to how Debbie would react to her sudden departure—though it was still the same day, it was already late evening and she didn't have the boys with her; they'd been too absorbed into exploring with their other siblings that they hadn't wanted to leave.

"Who's knocking at this time?" Reia heard Debbie mutter from inside the house as her footsteps approached the door.

"Debbie? It's Reia," Reia called, knocking once more just to make sure she announced her presence and didn't startle the woman, "I...I'm coming back to collect my things."

The familiar muggle woman opened the door and almost fell backwards, but Reia grabbed her shoulders just in time to prevent her from toppling over.

"Reia Lupin," Debbie exclaimed, pulling her into a tight hug, "I've been so worried! You weren't home when I came back but all your things were there and I thought that you had gone with the boys to play at the park but when I went you weren't there and I didn't know what to do—come in, come in—,"

The muggle woman ushered her inside the house and shut the door.

"Debbie," Reia said gently as the older woman released her, "I'm here to collect my things."

When Debbie finally took a good look at Reia's face, her eyes scanning the young woman's features, she noted, "You look different."

"What?" Reia chuckled, "You saw me yesterday..."

"Your eyes are clear," Debbie said, her gaze not leaving Reia's face, "They're wiser; knowing, and not like before. You look different. Did you run into someone? Where are the boys?"

"I found him, Deb," Reia breathed softly, "I found the boys' father. I...I remember now—everything about my past, and I needed to come say goodbye to you."

Debbie's face contorted into an expression of pure shock, "What? You can't be leaving so soon, I was just making dinner for you and the boys. I already have it all set out for the three of you—,"

"We'll be back to visit, I promise," Reia told the woman, "I just...I remember now, and there is so much I need to do, and I n-needed to thank you, Debbie, for how much you've helped me." She bit her lip and met the older woman's now teary eyes, "I would have died if you hadn't saved me that day that I laid alone on the street. My babies would have died, and they would've never been able to meet their father, or their other siblings, or you, for that matter. And you've helped me so much—the boys love you. I love you, Deb. I hope you know that."

Her voice shook at the last part, and Debbie embraced her once more, her body trembling.

"Reia Lupin, Reia Lupin," Debbie murmured, "Do you want to know why I saved you that day, when I found you lying on the streets, looking so helpless?"

She didn't wait for Reia's response, despite the question, before continuing, "I thought to myself: 'How had this beautiful young woman come here and become like this?'. But most of all, I felt the desire to help you. Especially after I came closer and realised that you were carrying children—I didn't know they were twins at the time, but I had to help you. It was not only the right thing to do and what I wanted to do, but I knew you had so much more to live for." She gulped, blinking back her tears, "I saw it in your eyes when you looked at me. And you said something to me, do you remember?"