BONUS CHAPTER IV.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

BONUS CHAPTER IV.

Regulus felt like he'd spent years lying in this bed, doing nothing but thinking about his family, and Reia.

Reia.

After he'd fallen ill, the doctors at St Mungo's had informed his family members, including his children and grandchildren, that he wouldn't make it through the month.

Everyone had taken turns visiting him every day, keeping him company, talking to him, reading to him.

Little Lily Sirius Black wasn't so little anymore, now eighteen years old, and she spent the most time at 12 Grimmauld Place after discovering that her grandfather didn't have much time left.

She'd clean the house, talk to Regulus as she did her work from the table next to his bed, sing to him. She would make him tea, and she would almost always be there when the doctor, who came in every day to check on him, would visit.

She was such a happy person, and her presence made Regulus significantly happier—lightening the whole mood of the house.

But sometimes Regulus would just think, for so long, that he felt so incredibly lonely despite the presence of several of his family members around him.

He'd think about his life—he'd remember the happiness, the sadness, the struggle, the pain, the love...

It was two weeks into the month that Regulus Arcturus Black passed away in his sleep.

***

He woke up in a room of pure light. It was so bright—blindingly so, and he took a long moment to allow his eyes to adjust, until he could see anything at all.

There was nothing much around him. The space seemed endless, stretching out beyond what he could see, and he blinked several times as he looked down at himself.

His skin was smooth—unwrinkled, so unlike what he was used to. He was wearing his Hogwart's uniform again—the same robes which brought memories to the front of his mind, overwhelming his thoughts.

The Slytherin emblem was something he hadn't worn in decades, a part of himself he felt that he'd left behind over time.

He pulled out a shard of mirror from his robe pocket—the two-way mirror which he'd put into his pocket some time at school and never removed—and took a glance at his own appearance.

He was seventeen again. Youthful, his greyed hair black, his eyes a bit brighter than he last remembered, but then his reflection faded away.

He frowned in confusion—what—?

But then an all-too familiar face appeared in the glass.

"Reg?"

He would know that voice anywhere.

The face of his wife—so beautiful—her brown eyes exactly the shape and colour he remembered, shining bright with tears.

"Rei," He whispered, his voice shaking, and he looked up from the mirror.

There she was.

Dressed in her uniform, too.

His chest rattled as he heaved a sob, and she dropped the shard of mirror she was holding to the ground—the glass cracking into three pieces as it hit the floor.

But she didn't pick it up, nor did she look back as she begun running towards him, tears streaming down her cheeks.

He started running, too, and they met halfway in a tight embrace, both of them crying, whispering the other's name.

"Reg," She whispered, her eyes taking in his face, as if making sure he was okay, "Reg. I missed you. So much."

He couldn't formulate the words. Decadeswithout her—

They hadn't even gotten the chance to be married.

They stepped back, just enough so that they could look at each other—really look, and then they were laughing, the tears still flowing but laughing...

"I—Reia," He said, his voice trembling, "Reia. Reia."

"I love you," She said, and then their lips met, and then they were kissing—so gently, in the familiar way that made Regulus feel so much all at once—and then when they pulled away, they were both smiling.

"I love you," He whispered, "I missed you, somuch, Rei."

"It's okay," She said softly, gently wiping away his tears as they started flowing again, "It's okay, Reg. I'm here now. I'm here. We're together."

He choked out a laugh between the tears, "We're together again."

She smiled, blinking the tears away, "We'll be okay."

a/n

suggested/inspired by alexandriamoonwitch

this really ties it all together and i love it ! thank you all so much for reading <3

(i think this is the last one now for real this time hahaha)