XLVII.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER XLVII.

Reia stared at the mirror that Regulus had given her.

She wondered what it did.

It seemed to be nothing other than an ordinary mirror—she had been staring at it for so long she was almost becoming tired of her own reflection.

With a sigh, she was about to tuck it back into her pocket when she suddenly saw a face flash by the mirror.

A familiar face.

"What—Reg?" She glanced around her room, searching for any signs of Regulus Black—but seeing none.

How was his reflection in the mirror, then? Was this some sort of mirror that revealed invisible people? Was Regulus invisible—right now—in this room?

"Regulus?"

"Reia?"

Suddenly—his face was there, in the mirror.

"What? How are you here?" Reia asked, laughing a little bit, exhilarated for a reason she wasn't sure of.

"It's a Two-Way mirror," Regulus explained in a hushed whisper, "When you need to talk to me, say my name and you will be able to talk to me."

"That's amazing," Reia said, in awe, temporarily forgetting her anger towards him, "Where did you get it?"

"From my father," Regulus answered, "He gave a pair to me and a pair to Sirius, when we were both very little."

"That's useful," Reia smiled, "Well...at least I know you're okay."

"Yeah," Regulus winced a little as there was a knock from somewhere on his side of the mirror, "I need to go."

And then he was gone—his image vanished from the mirror, just like that.

Reia continued staring at the mirror for a few more minutes, wondering if he would return, but he didn't, so she tucked the mirror back into her pocket and got up from her bed.

***

Regulus shoved the mirror into his pocket and got up from his bed as Lucius Malfoy entered the room.

"Regulus," Lucius said, sitting down on Regulus' bed.

"Lucius."

"Are you still in contact with Reia Lupin?"

Regulus cleared his throat, "Why?"

"Because you shouldn't be," Lucius snapped, "That's why. Disconnect from her. Find a pure-blooded wife. Find a proper partner, Regulus."

Regulus' eyes narrowed, "What are you going on about, Lucius?"

"The Dark Lord has spoken to me—and I have once again realised how foolish Reia was, and how foolish we were to tolerate her—a half-blood, and a Lupin. She isn't good enough for you," Lucius said swiftly, getting up with one smooth movement, "That is all I'm going to say."

He turned to leave, but just as he was about to shut the door, he said over his shoulder, "By the way, I killed your owl. Lupin doesn't deserve your letters."

And the door slammed shut.

Regulus was left in the silence for a moment.

And then the anger began to boil.