LXXII.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER LXXII.

"What's Atlas doing with Malfoy, Parkinson, Nott and Zabini?" Ariel frowned, catching sight of one of her younger brothers sitting and laughing with the four Slytherin second years.

It was rare to see Malfoy, Parksinson, Nott and Zabini laugh. They were mostly quiet and kept to themselves, but Atlas looked so happy with them, even though Ariel couldn't quite comprehend why.

Did he not know that they were bullies?

"That's your brother, right?" Harry asked, nudging Ariel, following her eyes to Atlas.

"Yeah."

"Are you sure he's hanging out with the right sort, Ari?" Ron asked, furrowing his eyebrows, "You know he might get hurt around Malfoy and his group, right?"

"I know," Ariel said, shaking her head, "But I can't go and tell him not to make friends, can I?"

"Better have no friends than be friends with Malfoy, though," Hermione commented, "He's a bully."

"I think," Ariel said, turning away from Atlas, "that you only think that because you have your own group of friends. For a new First Year, any sort of company would be a relief."

"I suppose so," Hermione said, after a moment of consideration.

"They look like they're friends, though—not just company," Harry said, watching as Atlas said something that made Blaise laugh and wrap an arm around Atlas' shoulders.

Ariel shrugged, "There's nothing I can do—it's wrong and rude for me to tell him that he's not allowed to be friends with Malfoy and his friends. Atlas won't become a bully, though. He's smart, he wouldn't do those sorts of things."

I hope, Ariel added mentally.

***

Reia had gotten so accustomed to seeing her children every day and it was so strange for the house to be so utterly silent.

It was definitely peaceful, but it got a bit boring after a while. Regulus had a job in the Ministry, in the Department of Magical Transportation, in Broom Regulatory Control.

So, he was gone most of the time, leaving early in the morning before Reia woke up and coming home just before dinner.

Spending time alone was terribly bland, particularly since she didn't have anything to do, nor any daily routine or work she had to go through.

She just spent her time cleaning, cooking, reading...doing whatever jobs she could find at home, really.

Today, when Regulus came home, she decided that she had to get out of the house.

"I want to go to see Sirius," She announced at the dinner table.

Regulus paused, his spoon of soup halfway to his mouth, "He's in Azkaban, Reia."

She sighed, "I know, Reg. But I want to see him. I miss him. When was the last time you visited him?"

Regulus frowned, thinking, "I think last month?"

Over the past years, Regulus had made it a habit to visit his brother at least once every two or so weeks. It was nice to speak to Sirius every now and then, and Sirius enjoyed Regulus' company, too.

Regulus usually brought his brother some food, photographs or some newspapers so that Sirius would actually feel like he was somewhat connected to the world.

"Exactly. Imagine spending an entire month doing nothing, all alone, surrounded by Dementors," Reia said, "I miss him. I want to see him. Please?"

"Reia," He said, exasperated and concerned, "Are you sure you're ready to face Dementors? Azkaban is a terrible place."

"Staying in this house all alone, doing practically nothing, won't help me get more ready to face Dementors," Reia huffed, crossing her arms, "I need to get out of the house, Regulus."

He placed his spoon down into his bowl, "I could go with you to the park or out for a walk—,"

"As great as that would be, I want to see Sirius. So unless you can get Sirius in a park..."

He shook his head, "Reia—,"

"I'll go alone!" She snapped, "I'm my own person, aren't I? I can leave the house if I want to. And I know my way there. I can still apparate, you know—I'm not a child."

"I know," Regulus responded sharply, "I didn't ever say, nor think that you were a child. But I just don't think it's the best idea for you to go to Azkaban at this stage—,"

"I haven't been sick! I was never sick, Regulus!" She exclaimed, but then she lowered her voice, inhaling and exhaling deeply, "Stop acting like I'm incapable. I'm not. I've gone through as much as you have."

"I know," Regulus snapped, but then he reconsidered his tone and said in a calmer voice, "I know. If you really want to go, of course you can. I was simply expressing my concern for you."

She couldn't really argue with that, even though she wanted to yell at him, only because she was angry in that moment.

Instead of speaking she just stared at him, brown eyes on grey, and they half-stared, half-glared at each other for a very long, silent moment.

"I can't just stay in this house forever. I'm going to see Sirius tomorrow," Reia finally said, raising her eyebrows as she continued, "You can decide if you want to come with me. I don't want to argue with you over this."

And she got up from the table, shoving the chair towards the table, tucking it in roughly, before she left the room without another word.

Regulus just sat there knowingly, watching the doorway.

A practically full plate of food still sat opposite him, where Reia had been a few seconds ago.

Barely moments later Reia came rushing back in, and took her plate of food and cutlery before turning to leave the room.

Regulus couldn't help his chuckles—she was too adorable.

She turned and shot a glare at him over her shoulder, "I hate you, Regulus."

"I'm sure," He responded, unable to help the smile that appeared on his lips as he watched Reia slip out of the room, with her food this time.