LXXX.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER LXXX.

The kids received a small, golden vial of liquid one morning.

The small bottle was attached to a string, and the note read:

I wish you all the best of luck.

Love,

Mum

They all knew what it was.

So the four Black siblings wore the Felix Felicis around their necks.

***

Reia and Regulus sat on their bed silently, each absorbed by their own books.

The house was quiet—as it had been for a long while, without the sounds of stomping footsteps or yelling or joyful laughter.

"You sent them the Liquid Luck?" Regulus asked, nudging Reia, and she nodded, slipping a bookmark into the book as she shut it.

"I have one for you, too," She said, pulling out a small golden vial, attached to a string, from her pocket, "You should wear it. I think, in times like these, we all need a little luck," she smiled a bit as she slipped the string over his neck and tucked the Felix Felicis under his shirt.

He smiled back, but it was short-lived as suddenly his expression turned to concern and he asked, "Do you have one, too? You need it, Reia. You should keep it—,"

"I have one," She interjected firmly, shuffling back and laying down on the bed, beckoning for Regulus to do the same.

"Good," He said with a sigh, turning and pressing a kiss to her cheek, "I love you."

"I love you, too," She replied.

"Keep the liquid luck close to you," He advised, his voice quiet.

"I will."

But Reia had only had five vials of it left, and she didn't wear one around her own neck.

***

Caelum went to find his Uncle the next morning, only to discover that Remus was resigning.

"Why are you leaving?" He demanded, "You're an excellent teacher! You can't just leave—,"

"Caelum, you'll all do fine without me here," Remus cut him off firmly, "You're smart. You'll be alright."

"Why are you leaving?" Caelum repeated, his voice calmer and softer, "Please don't leave. Everyone loved your classes!"

"I'm a werewolf, Caelum, and when people find out, they'll kick me out, and I'd prefer to leave on my own terms rather than theirs."

That made Caelum fall silent immediately. He didn't know what to say.

"Your face says it all," Remus sighed with a sad smile, "They'd all be shocked like you are, and while you might be ready to accept it, the parents won't. Nobody wants a werewolf teaching their children."

"But—,"

"No," Remus said, shaking his head and giving his nephew a stern look, "I'll see you, Caelum. Come visit me. Now, run to breakfast, please."

He didn't want to leave, but Remus wasn't leaving him with much of a choice.

"I'll miss you," Caelum said as he dejectedly left the classroom.