XXIV.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER XXIV.

"How was it?" Josie asked with a grin as Reia entered the dormitory.

Narcissa wasn't there—in fact, the dorm was empty except for Josie.

"It was very good," Reia said, unable to make the smile on her face go away. She wasn't sure if she wanted to.

"Only good?"

Josie scanned her friend, and said, "So, I was right, then?"

"What?" Reia asked, raising an eyebrow, "What were you right about?"

"You two kissed."

Reia just sank into her bed, closing her eyes, smiling to herself.

Josie just huffed before she disappeared into the bathroom.

Reia just smiled.

***

The next morning, her smile was gone.

It was especially gone when a Howler landed in front of Regulus and tore itself open—a terrifyingly shrill voice exploded in the Great Hall, right in front of Regulus—right next to where Reia was sitting beside him.

"REGULUS ARCTURUS BLACK!"

Reia shrank into her seat, and Regulus stiffened and sat, unmoving, as the howler continued to yell:

"YOU CAN NOT BE SEEN AROUND THAT HALF-BLOOD LUPIN GIRL!"

The entire Great Hall had fallen silent at this, and all eyes turned to Reia.

Regulus put a comforting arm around her, and she raised her eyes to watch the howler.

"IT IS DISGRACEFUL TO OUR FAMILY—A COMPLETE DISGUST—YOU ARE JUST AS BAD AS YOUR BROTHER—I HAVE ALREADY GIVEN YOU ENOUGH BY ALLOWING YOU TO EVEN BE FRIENDS WITH THE LUPIN GIRL—,"

Suddenly, the howler fell silent, and the voice turned from a scream to a whisper as that same voice hissed in a voice so quiet that nobody except for Regulus and Reia could hear it:

"If you stay with the Lupin, Regulus Black, you know what will happen to her."

And then it tore itself to pieces.

And with a loud scrape, Regulus got out of his seat and ran out of the Great Hall.

Reia was going to follow him, but she was still frozen—staring at the pile of shredded paper that was now laying in the middle of the table.

The Great Hall was blanketed in silence, and she wasn't sure if the other students had started talking—or if she was just imagining the silence.

Reia's ears were ringing.

And she could remember if she walked out of the Great Hall alone, or if Josie and Narcissa went with her—because the next thing she remembered, she was sitting in her dorm room, on the brink of tears.

But she wouldn't cry.

She wouldn't.

She

wouldn't.

Because there was a way to get out of this—there had to be. She refused to believe that she was trapped.

And if there wasn't a way, then, together, she and Regulus would make one.

She was sure of it.

There was never not a way. There was always a way. And when she couldn't find one, she carved the path herself.

Author's Note:

Hello! Sorry for the short chapter, but I hope you liked it anyway ;)

Let me know your thoughts down below in the comments and vote if you enjoyed!

Thank you so much <3