LI.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER LI.

ONE AND A HALF YEARS LATER

It wasn't without fear that Reia told Regulus that she was pregnant.

They were still young, and she was so afraid—because this was a war, and this baby would be in danger if she and Regulus didn't protect him or her properly.

He had been delighted—for hours they had laughed and cried into each other's arms and dreamt of a life with a baby.

But then the fear set in—and the uncertainty.

They would love this child so much—but love didn't protect against everything.

What if they couldn't take care of their baby properly? What if they were terrible parents?

Four months later, they found out that the baby was a girl.

Regulus did some research and they performed some charms which informed them of the gender.

She'd gone to St. Mungos for formal appointments and check-ups, too, but she hadn't told anybody other than Regulus out of fear of endangering her child.

Because this was Regulus Black's baby—the next heir of the Black Family.

If the information that the heir of such an important pure-blood family was going to be a half-blood spread to the wrong hands, then Regulus would lose his status, and more importantly, Voldemort would no doubt hunt Reia down.

Reia's happiness was constantly veiled with a sheet of worry that her daughter would be put in danger—but Regulus was always quick to reassure her, even though she knew that in his mind he worried about the same things.

It was one month before the due date that Reia finally found the courage to inform the Order of the Phoenix.

She had used a charm to conceal her baby bump since she'd first found out she was pregnant to avoid putting herself and her child in danger of being targeted, and she had been extraordinarily afraid to inform the Order.

But she said goodbye to Regulus and then Flooed to Potter Mansion.

When she landed on the familiar carpet and was greeted by none other than Albus Dumbledore, he looked like he somehow already knew what Reia was about to tell the others today, and he helped her to her feet and gave her a reassuring smile, "They will understand, Miss Lupin," He told her, before releasing her hand and then striding away.

He had called a meeting today—and Reia was fifteen minutes early.

The worry and fear started to really build when she went into the meeting room and saw Lily, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter already there, smiling brightly and waving enthusiastically as she made her way to her seat between Remus and Sirius.

James was holding his newborn baby boy, Harry Potter, in his arms, cradling him gently and lovingly. Lily Potter, who sat beside him, stroked their baby's hair.

Alice Longbottom held her son in her arms—he was asleep, just as Harry was, and Lily and Alice were having a light-hearted conversation, sharing some laughs.

The news Dumbledore had brought the Order a few weeks ago—that the Potters and the Longbottoms had to go into hiding due to a prophecy—saddened Reia deeply, because the two families were so happy and did not deserve to have to hide.