BONUS CHAPTER V

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

a/n: helloooooo here's the first bonus chapter, it's a wedding au -- both of them survived the war in this oneshot. THANK YOU ALL FOR 400K! also, it's been a while since i wrote for reia and regulus so the writing style might seem a bit different haha, i'm not sure if it's changed much but something to keep in mind i guess! i love you all, enjoy <3      - lia

*

Reia could count on one hand the number of times she'd felt this nervous. She told herself it wasn't anything life-threatening, there was nothing at stake, this was a man she'd loved for years, but...

Her heart still pounded every time she thought about walking down the aisle.

Even as she sat in this hotel room, Lula Montague, an old friend, behind her, helping to curl her hair, she didn't know what to do with her hands. Her nervous energy seemed to be very visible, because Lula glanced in the mirror at Reia's face and said, eyebrows furrowing, "Reia, why do you look like you're about to be sick?"

"I'm not sure," She replied, swallowing, "It's weird. I've known him for my whole life but it feels different."

Lula pinned up the last piece of Reia's hair, and set a hand on her shoulder, "I can assure you, from knowing the two of you, that everything will go to plan. Your nervousness is normal, but there's nothing to worry about."

Reia breathed a sigh, just to calm herself, "Thanks."

She took a look at herself in the mirror, and appreciated how good of a job Lula had done with her hairdo. Every piece was pinned perfectly in place; they had gone with a half-up, half-down bun style, so she had jewelled pins in her bun, and curls falling down to her shoulders. Her makeup, also courtesy to Lula's handiwork, was flawless as well—golden eyeshadow and pink lipstick working perfectly with her skin tone. The mirror only offered a brief moment of distraction, though, before her stress returned again.

"I don't know...it's weird." She absently fidgeted with the soft fabric of her robe, "We've been through so much to get here, and I'm worried something will go wrong."

"You two deserve this," Lula assured her, turning to pack up the hair iron and leftover pins, "If anybody screws your wedding over I'll kick them in the nose. Twice."

Reia couldn't help the little giggle that escaped her lips, "I'll hold you to that."

"By all means," Lula said, shooting Reia a wink through the mirror, "I won't disappoint."

***

Regulus could only say that the wedding venue was absolutely beautiful. It was a little field, the arch at the end of the aisle threaded with spring flowers, and the seats set out neatly on the grass. It was small, rather cosy, since they didn't want to invite too many people and just decided to keep it a personal event.

There were a few familiar faces already here, helping to organise things—he caught sight of Caelum with Archie in the corner of his vision, playing with the confetti. Ariel was watching them, a mixture of disapproval and amusement on her face.

Even after several months of being a big family, it was still strange to Regulus—not that it was bad. He loved them all; it was just so...peaceful. Perfect. If he'd told his past self that they would be together in the end, that he'd find Reia again, he would've thought it a dream.

Losing her had been the worst pain he'd felt in his life. She'd been his friend through it all, his lover, his rock—the only one whom he told everything to. Losing her had torn him apart in more ways than one, and looking back he wished he'd handled it better. He wished he'd been there for his kids more, but at the time, he was so consumed by heartbreak that he'd been blind to Caelum and Ariel's emotions, for weeks. He was ashamed of it, and thinking of the pain of those moments of pure, total loneliness still made his throat constrict.

This day was not going to be like that. They would have each other, they would be together, with their family. She would not be taken again. They would be together.

A very loud bang brought him out of his thoughts, and when he glanced up, Ariel, Caelum and Archie were wide-eyed, staring at the box of confetti that had fallen off the table and spilled all over the grass. Slowly, they turned and met his eyes, and he screwed his own shut, bringing his hand to rub his face tiredly, "Did you all go to Hogwarts for nothing?"

Instantly, they snapped out of it, and Regulus forced himself to hold back a smile as he watched them pull out their wands and frantically begin repairing the damage.

***

When Reia stepped out onto the aisle, she was met, first, with the smell of spring flowers and sweets. She felt the warmth of the air, and the comforting sunlight against her skin. Finally, she met Regulus' gaze, at the other end of the aisle, and felt the world around her stop and seemingly hold its breath.

Everything around her blurred out, and suddenly all she could see was his grey eyes, so entranced and full of love. She blinked several times, and let Remus slowly begin to lead her towards the arch. Her gaze didn't leave his, and she swallowed as Remus released her hand and handed it to Regulus.

She bit her lip nervously when the officiator began to speak, but Regulus took both of her hands in his and gently squeezed, effectively grabbing her attention. His lips quirked up in a smile when she met his eyes, but she quickly looked back down at their joint hands, focusing on keeping her breathing even.

She felt him lean in a little bit, and then he whispered, "I love you."

That did nothing to help slow her pounding heart. Her cheeks flushed, and she scrunched her nose, "That doesn't help calm me down, you know."

He chuckled, leaning in closer so that his lips were right beside her ear, and then murmured, "You're so beautiful."

She pretended to scowl at him a little—trying not to let the way that her heart fluttered show on her face, "It's the hair, isn't it?"

He winked, but then his expression turned more serious and, not looking away from her eyes, he said softly, "I think it's all of you."

The vows passed by so quickly—she barely registered them; she hoped she didn't sound too nervous.

But when he slipped the ring on her finger—and she slipped one on his finger, too—she couldn't hold back the euphoria, letting herself break out in a smile.

They'd made it.

She was so entranced in the moment she didn't hear the officiator say anything about a kiss before he was gently tucking her closer by her waist, and pressing his lips to hers softly.

When they broke apart, he kept her close, holding her gently. Reia whispered, glancing down at their matching rings, "I love you."

He said the words back with a chuckle, and a kiss to her forehead.

They'd made it.