LXV.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER LXV.

He was unsure if he was breathing, because there was the woman that he hadn't seen for eleven years—the woman that he'd tried so desperately to find, but had been told was dead so many times.

People told him to stop looking—to find someone new and to take care of his children properly. He did the latter; he loved his children dearly and raised them to the best of his ability, but he never found anyone new. He never wanted to.

And Reia...

She looked just as he remembered.

Their eyes met from across the pub, and it felt like centuries ago when they'd last seen each other.

***

"Regulus," Reia whispered, blinking, as she tried to go to him but stumbled—and he came forward and caught her, stopping her from tripping, "Reg."

She stared—couldn't stop looking at him.

"Mum?" Atlas murmured shyly, tugging on his mother's arm after a moment of silence, "Who is he?"

But Reia couldn't formulate the words. Instead, she pulled Regulus into a tight hug and started sobbing.

He was shaking, and though he tried to keep his emotions intact, she could hear his quiet sobs.

She furiously wiped her tears away, but they kept coming.

"Mum!" Archie exclaimed, his eyes widening with worry, "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, boys," She whispered, taking their hands again after pulling away from Regulus and squeezing them reassuringly, "I'm alright. I just...Reg."

"I love you," Regulus murmured, pulling her back into an embrace and pressing a gentle kiss to her forehead, "I never stopped loving you."

She swallowed, still overcome with shock, "I love you, too." She quickly blinked away her tears and smiled.

It felt so familiar to be in Regulus Black's arms. She hadn't felt this happy in a very, very long time. It felt warm, comforting, and safe.

"Mum," Atlas urged, his eyes darting to Regulus then back to his mother, "Mum. Who is he?"

"A-are they...?" Regulus trailed off, his eyes drifting down to the two near-identical boys.

"They're our sons," Reia whispered, "Atlas and Arche Black."

"Mum!" Archie cried out, stumbling backwards a bit at those words, "Attie and I have a dad?"

"Of course you do," Reia laughed, tears welling in her eyes once more, "This is your dad, Regulus Black."

The boys turned their eyes up to stare at their father, who blinked down at them and smiled gently—affectionately, and the two boys returned shy smiles in return. However, the moment Regulus turned back to Reia, they started whispering frantically amongst themselves, their eyes shifting from Reia to Regulus, then back again.

Regulus' eyes widened, and he shook his head, "I—I can't believe this. So many people have told me that you'd never come back—that you were dead..."

"I'm not, though," She reassured him, taking his hand in hers and squeezing, "I'm here. Our sons are safe. We're safe."

The girl and the boy that Reia had seen before came to them, and Regulus released her after pressing another kiss to her forehead.