XXIII.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER XXIII.

Reia decided that she liked going on dates with Regulus Black.

The weather was not particularly cold, but it was nice, in Reia's opinion.

The Three Broomsticks smelt sweet, and after getting two butterbeers and having light conversation, they left and walked through Hogsmeade, discussing school, homework, their lives, their families...

"How are you doing?" Reia asked quietly. "I know...I know I'm only a half-blood...and I just wanted to let you know...if you feel uncomfortable with me, then you don't have to be."

Regulus shook his head and squeezed her hand, "I want to."

"I don't want you to get in trouble," Reia sighed, "I know your brother was disowned for being involved with half-bloods and muggle-borns, and...I'm just worried you'd also get in trouble because even though I am a Slytherin, I'm only a half-blood Lupin, and you're Regulus Black."

Regulus stopped them, and took her to the side of the path to avoid blocking the way, and met her eyes as he said, "Rei, I haven't even thought about your blood-status ever since first year."

"Maybe you should," Reia whispered, "People watch, and people talk, Reg. And I want to be with you—but I don't want you to get in trouble for it. I don't want to...taint your reputation—,"

"You could never," Regulus said firmly, "Reia, if anything, I'm the one tainting yours. You're a good Slytherin student, with no involvement with any dark magic, with any dark wizard—you're purely good, and I'm..." His voice trailed off, and he bit his lip, "Don't ever worry about you getting me in trouble. If my parents find out—or somebody tells them—I'll deal with it when the time comes. Don't you ever worry about that."

"We'll deal with it," Reia corrected, allowing the corner of her lip to tilt upwards in a small smile, "We'll deal with it, together."

"Of course we will," Regulus said with a smile, taking both of her hands in his.

They stayed like that for a long moment—in gentle silence.

And then they were leaning in.

And then their lips met.

And then Reia was kissing Regulus Black.

She pulled him close, and smiled when they pulled away.

Reia kept him in an embrace for another moment, until they finally broke apart.

"Good?" Regulus asked with a smile.

Reia hoped she wasn't blushing, but she suspected that she probably was.

"Very," She breathed, offering her hand to him.

With a small smile, he took her hand, and they slowly walked back to Hogwarts Castle together.

"What does this make us?" Regulus asked quietly, "Are we together?"

"We can be whatever you want us to be, Reg—friends, best friends—or more."

"What do you want to be?" Regulus asked her, and Reia smiled, blushing slightly.

Merlin, she never blushed like this! What was it about Regulus that made her feel so light and happy and safe?

"I want to be more."

"Then more we shall be," Regulus said with a smile, "Will you be my girlfriend, then?"

"Of course I will," Reia said with a light laugh.

Regulus' grey eyes twinkled as he said, "Does this mean I can kiss you again?"

"Of course you can."

And then they kissed again.

For Reia, it was perfect.

Author's Note:

Merlin, it actually happened; Regulus and Reia finally kissed!

I've been thinking about their ship names:

- Reguleia 

- Reigulus

- Regeia

- Rereia?

I'm honestly not sure. If you guys have a favourite or if you have another idea, then do let me know. I'd love to know what you think <3

Thanks so much for reading ~