XXVI.

Disclaimer: The Harry Potter World belongs to J.K. Rowling.

*

CHAPTER XXVI.

Reia wrote a letter to her family the next day, regarding her relationship with Regulus.

She needed to let her family know. After speaking with Regulus, he agreed that she should probably tell her parents and brother.

Her hand was shaky as she lowered her quill to the parchment:

Dear Mother, Father and Remus,

Hi. This is Reia. I just have something I need to tell you.

As you know, I've been friends with Regulus Black for a very long time now. We were always very close, and we still are.

And therefore, ever since we realised our feelings for each other, we have gotten together.

Please do not worry about me. Please do not hate me for my decision.

But he is my best friend. Regulus is my best friend, and I cannot imagine anybody else taking his spot.

Thank you for your understanding.

Reia H. L.

She had nervously scribbled all over her hand with ink as she was thinking of how to write the letter, and she let out a frustrating groan as she now looked at her ink-stained hand.

She pulled out her wand and nonverbally removed the stains from her skin. She rolled up her letter and tied it onto one of the school owls' feet.

The owl was a small barn owl, but it let Reia stroke its feathers gently as she secured the letter onto the owl.

"Take it to the Lupin Household, alright?" Reia said softly, and she quietly whispered her address to the Owl. The owl appeared to nod, before it stretched its wings, and disappeared out the window of the Owlery.

Reia stood there and watched it for a moment—watching the window; watching the little owl disappear into the horizon.

***

Now, it was time for her to stop being sad.

To stop being sad, and be Reia Lupin.

She was going to go

and find her friends.

***

Josie laughed when Reia was almost smacked in the face when she tossed her jumper towards Reia.

Disgruntled, she threw the jumper back to Josie, and she caught it easily before stuffing it into her bag and swinging her bag over her shoulder.

"Why do you even have a jumper? You know, it's not all that cold, quite yet," Reia pointed out.

"Well, you're kind of a bit immune to the cold, Reia," Josie said flatly, "more immune than I am, anyway. And while you may be able to feel that it's still warm, I think it's a bit cold. So don't judge me. Besides, jumpers are good for smacking Reia Lupins in face." She added mischievously.

Reia scoffed, "Seriously, you're one of my best friends, but sometimes I hate you, you know that, right?"

"Yeah, sometimes I hate you too," Josie said with a grin, "I'm glad you're being open about it. Talking about your feelings to other trusted people does help you move forward."

"Whatever, Josie," Reia groaned, though her eyes were sparkling, "Come on. We should probably go to dinner now."

"Of course," Josie said with a solemn nod, "And I will not forget my great jumper, good for smacking Reia Lupin in face."

"Merlin," Reia grumbled as she grabbed her bag and strode out of the dorm, Josie following behind her, snickering.

Reia was so glad that Josie was being happier—she had been a bit down recently, because she was going to get the Dark Mark during the Christmas Holidays.

But if Josie was happy, Reia also found herself happy—mainly because Josie Nott's happiness was so contagious.

Author's Note:

Thanks so much for reading ;)

Do comment and vote to let me know your thoughts!

Cya~