Off To Korea

"Mom, for the hundredth time. Yes I have everything! I've already triple checked!" I groan in annoyance as my mom continued reading out the essential list for what seemed like the millionth time within the past four hours.

Tomorrow, I am leaving to South Korea to join this new pre-debut group called SEVENTEEN but the only downside was that I will be living with seventeen boys... yikes, that's a lot.

"But you could have forgotten something! Check again, Eunyoung-ah!" she commands and I flop onto my bed, resisting myself from doing an eye roll.

My mom is worried because I am travelling alone for the first time to another country without my parents which does feel weird thinking about it but I'm becoming an idol just like my brother!

"I'm so proud of you sweetie! You're growing up just like your brother!" she wipes her tears away as I smile at her before feeling tears forming in my eyes which makes me laugh.

"Aw mum! Don't make me cry as well!" I laugh, trying to hold back the tears that want to escape badly as my father looks at the both of us before rolling his eyes and laughing.

The Next Day

"Wake up! Wake up!" screams my dad as I roll out of bed, reaching for my glasses as rolling towards my pre-arranged clothes I had decided to wear for the trip over.

As I did one last look over my suitcase, I had to make sure I had everything I needed and sighed before closing it up, handing it to my dad as he stored it into the boot of the car as my mother handed me my coffee

"Here, something to wake you up." she smiles as I take in the aroma of the drink before we got inside the car as I looked inside my carry-on bag and nodded at my dad as he started the car up, driving off to the airport.

At Airport

I checked in and it was time to leave my parents as I stood beside the gate I needed to board to get onto my plane, this was going to be hard.

"Eunyoung-ah! Tell your brother we say hello!" my dad releases from the hug, planting a wet kiss on my forehead making me cringe before my mom pulled me into a hug.

She squeezes me tightly, "Look! Both of my children are following their dreams and becoming grown ups. It makes me so happy to see them chasing their dreams." I smile at her words and know I'll definitely miss everything about my parents.

"Can the passengers travelling to South Korea on Korean Air; flight number KA134 please board at gate 10. That is passengers travelling to South Korea on Korean Air; flight number KA134 please board at gate 10." the intercom announced.

It was time to go, "Eunyoung, remember we'll support you no matter what. Work hard, okay? We love you." my dad shouted as I nodded, running up to the attendant, holding out my ticket and passport to be checked.

"Aren't you too young to be travelling solo on such a long flight?" she questioned as I nodded while she handed me back my passport and ticket.

"Why yes, yes I am." I replied before waving back at my parents before locating my seat on the plane, getting comfortable, I heard the captain speaking saying we were taking off now.

One last glimpse of Los Angeles and I was ready to go as my parents both wished me safe travels when I texted them saying I had gotten on board safely and found my seat without much hassle. 

Here I come Korea and the 17 boys I'll be calling my new family.