Mall Mission

Once the first episode of filming was over, we were given each envelopes about our first actual mission for public verification and I opened it and gasped, knowing I was going to be pulling a lot of all-nighters.

Day After

We were practicing diligently to make sure we didn't screw up like the previous mission which none of us want to remember and we were making sure knew the choreography from the tips of our fingers.

Before, we met with the vice-president and talked to him about the mission we received which was to perform an original song at a mall which gave me and Woozi stress since we needed to create a whole new song.

He complimented but acknowledged a hole in the gap so we needed to address that immediately and today is recording day for the song so I was going to be inside the studio until I needed to record.

Before I started the recording process, I had Buzmu connect the song to the speakers in the recording room and set up everything, having a copy of the lyrics with parts distributed on the paper.

Buzmu and I checked to make sure the volume of the song was comfortable in the ears as I could hear the others going through a voice check before  I started recording process which usually takes the entire day depending on how many redos we have.

ONE HOUR LATER

Woozi has been going through the checks as I've been making mental notes to the song so when I edit it, I know what I have to do to change it.

Usually, Woozi writes the songs and does everything but I am usually the one who cleans it up, checking to make sure it flows and if I have to, I'll bring back members in to redo some parts if it doesn't sound right.

I can't stop laughing at the fact, Buzmu asks to tell him a time when Woozi made them sad which made me stop taking notes to just laugh at Woozi's misery.

"Eunyoung-ah is always the one who comforts me when Woozi tells me my singing is bad." Hoshi commented as I gave him a thumbs up before continuing to record.

ANOTHER TWO HOURS

We have gotten through most of the recording and now it is Woozi's turn as I now have to do double roles as checking on his singing while making notes about the song. 

"Okay Woozi oppa, good luck." I say through the microphone and press play on the song as he starts to sing, listening to his tone while he sings and also making notes. 

He knew the rhythm well so he sang expectionally and then it was my turn as I went to go record as I looked at Woozi and smiled before starting to sing my lines in the song.

TIME SKIP

After recording and spending the night re-arranging the song, I had completed the song and gotten Buzmu's approval and we spent the rest of the time choreographing and learning the routine as we pulled late nights almost everyday for this performance.

It was time to perform and we were all nervous, none of us really talked on the ride to the mall in Yongsan which we will be performing to the fans since the production staff made a post about it on SNS through our home pages.

As we arrived, we were all trying to calm down our racing hearts and did out chant before getting into positions on stage, ready to perform to the small group of fans that managed to make time out of their schedules to watch us.

AFTER PERFORMANCE

It's safe to say that we were all not impressed by how we performed to the crowd of fans and allowed our nerves to take over during our performance despite the effortless amount of times I told myself to relax.

As we drove back to MBC building, none of us could talk without feeling discouraged about what we showed off to the fans, it was supposed to be capturing the public's heart but I feel like we lacked a lot in the performance.

 The judges came in after we sat down and discussed the performance; most of it was harsh critiques and Vernon was the only member praised by all four of the judges for looking the least nervous and we applauded him.

"Well done, Vernon-ssi." I whispered to him as we watched the judges walk off after critiquing us and then we were handed the next mission which really stumped us all.

Capture the public's heart by performing in units...

"GOD DAMNNIT!"