I'll See You Soon

Not all groups debut with the same members it started out with and sometimes you've got to deal with that.

Our group suffered the lost of not one but four members who decided to leave SEVENTEEN due to different reasons  and it really crushed me inside since we've become so close almost like a family but there is nothing I can do stop them.

I want them to follow their hearts and if their hearts lead them somewhere else that isn't with us, then I will support them but I will find it hard to let go and the most heart-wrenching one was... saying goodbye to Samuel.

Out of all the members, I was the closest to him since we were almost the same age just months apart and we would always talk to each other about anything and to say goodbye to someone you've connected with on a personal level is hard.

Samuel announced the news during an episode of SEVENTEEN TV; Yoo Sang, MingMing and Doo Yoon had all left leaving Samuel as the last member to depart as his mother came to pick him up since his father was in America.

As his mother loaded in the last of Samuel's bags into the car, I was sucking it up and trying to keep calm for Samuel as I could tell this was hard for him as well.

One by one, we each said goodbye to Samuel as he came around to each of us, giving us tight hugs as we all tried to hold in our tears and I was the last one as I was further away from the group to try calm myself.

"Eunyoung!" he runs to me as I catch him in a hug, giving him a tight squeeze and feeling my tears pour out of my eyes as he laughed, seeing the tears run down my face and looked at me before handing me a letter. 

"Read it well, I spent good time on it." he whispers as I nod, storing it in my back pocket of my jean as he looks at everyone one last time before getting into the car with his mother exchanging final words with Manager-Doogi.

One last group hug was formed around Samuel since he couldn't go without a group hug and his mother tooted the horn as we all waved him off, "FIGHTING EVERYONE!" he shouted as we waved out to him.

As I walked back into now mine and The8's room, I crawled onto his former bunk and teared open the letter as I started reading it, making me tear up even more than I should.

Dear Eunyoung

Annyeong Eunyoung-ah, I'm not that great at goodbyes but for you, I'll try my best. It has been one of the best journeys in my life being with the hyungs and you. You made my day so worth it and I'll cherish every moment of what we had together.

You and I bonded the most on a personal level; you were the person I could go to to yak about all my problems in life and you would always give me advice... some which was helpful and other which was... interesting.

But, I still loved it.

It leads me to now, I will miss everything about you and your amazing personality. Your jokes, your cooking, hugs, laugh, singing and all your other unique talents that you have. But, the thing I'll miss about you is your heart. 

Your heart is something special, Eunyoung-ah, it's something rare. You have a heart of gold; the way you open yourself to people and the way you understand people is something very special. 

I'm glad I met you (first) and you will go far! I know you will and I'll be supporting you every step of the way until you debut with hyungs who will look after you!

I left my phone number on here so we can be in contact with each other  and so you won't feel so alone when no-one understands you. 

Don't cry please, we will meet again in the future and see each other again. Work hard, Eunyoung, that's how you'll get everything by working hard. 

See you soon, Eunyoung

From your 5 year-old oppa,

Kim Samuel 

This letter was written with his heart and emotions as I crunch the letter to my chest as I fall onto the bed, crying slowly as I feel someone lift me in their arms and see The8 looking at me in concern and spying the letter.

"Ah, Eunyoung, it's okay... we all will miss him... I know you two were close but Samuel will be fine." he soothes me as I stay curled in his lap and arms.

He looks at me and sighs before bringing me out to the living room as they all look at me, "What happened, Eunyoung?" they all rush to confront me as I crawl up The8's body and cling onto him as he sighs. 

Jun comes forward, taking me from The8 as I attach to him like a koala and stay in his arms as The8 explains everything to the boys before they surround me in a group hug.

This was the start of something very... interesting and I'm so ready to face the world as SEVENTEEN's maknae and co-producer.