THE CENTER IS...

SKIPPING TO FINALE LIKE...

After three months of going through eliminations, many performances and stressful moments, we were at the finale and I managed to survive thanks to the fans, which ranked me as number 1 in the last episode so I got the center spot.

We had all practiced hard for this moment as all the eliminated trainees came back to perform 'Pick Me' with us for the opening ceremony, I had approached Yoojung and Doyeon who came from the same agency.

"Dongsaeng!" smiled Yoojung, hugging tightly as I respond back before looking out to the sea of fans who were here to cheer on their favorite contestant as the members of the debuting group would be announced and who had won the competition.

Throughout the show, there was always a fight for first place between me, Somi and Sejeong. We each held it respectively usually being me and Somi as we had quickly become fan favorites but everything was determined tonight through many performances we spent hours perfecting.

"Good luck to you both!" I said before everyone was needed on the stage, I greeted all the final 22 trainees wishing them the best of luck as the lights dimmed and the music filled the arena as the fans screamed amplified my energy to the max.

I could hear SEVENTEEN's scream from the crowd as my eyes brimmed with tears but I fought them back as I continued to perform with everyone, proud of how far I had come and done to get here.

We ran backstage to prepare for the next load of performances heading our way as every minute seemed to tick by rather slowly until the ad break came in for the last time as we were getting dressed in our uniforms.

"God! I'm going to miss you all!" I whine, wiping my tears away as we came in for a group hug before the producer called all 22 of us to the stage as the eliminated trainees stood in the back as we lined up. 

Praying to the lords above, I hoped I had done enough to get on to I.O.I and show the fans how hard I had worked to get here and heard the cue from the producers, this was it... the moment of truth.

One by one, the spots decreased slowly

'Yoo Yeonjung'
'Im Nayoung'
'Kang Mina'
'Kim Doyeon'
'Jung Chaeyeon'
'Zhou Jieqiong'
'Kim Sohye'
'Choi Yoojung'
'Kim Sejeong'

My name hadn't been called up yet and I was losing hope but put on a brave face, congratulating each girl who was called, giving them a hug until it was time to find out who had won Produce 101 and who had placed second.

I told myself, no matter what happens... I should be proud of what I accomplished and proud for the girls who successfully ranked in the top 11.

"Jeon Somi and Park Eunyoung, step forward." my heart raced, I had actually managed to secure either first or second as I held hands with Somi, standing tall and proud as I listened to the host drawl on who had won.

"The winner of Produce 101 and the center for IOI is..." I felt my heart racing inside my chest
"PARK EUNYOUNG!" I collapsed, crying my eyes out as I had just won 'Produce 101' beating the insanely popular Somi.

Burying my face in my hands, I cried and cried until I could stand with support of Somi who handed me the microphone as I take deep breaths, the fans going crazy as I bow continuously to them

"Thank you... so much to all the fans who supported me throughout my journey on Produce 101. Without you, this wouldn't be possible, I thank you all deeply," I start off, wiping my tears away with my sleeve as I continue.

"To everyone at Pledis; the staff, the managers, the CEO, the labelmates... I thank you all for looking after me and giving me your support. To my family, who I hope watches this from where-ever they are... thank you for always loving me and telling me to chase my dreams," I say, tears forming again.

"Eomma, appa, look... I MADE IT! Thank you for giving birth to me and giving me everything even though, we ran on little. I promise to pay you back and make you proud of me," I smiled, saving the most important people for last

"To SEVENTEEN, from the very start of our journey to here, you have always had my back through thick and thin. We have fought tough obstacles together and I want to thank you for always believing in me. Our rings represent we are more than just friends but rather... family. People who have each other's back. I want  to thank you for not only guiding me but teaching me the importance of never giving up. THANK YOU!" I finish my speech, bowing. 

Everyone cheers for me as I descend towards the top chair slowly, "IOI!" shouts the host as confetti burst out as we applaud the trainees who sadly didn't make it as they smile at us but I know there is pain behind it. 

AFTER

I run into S.Coups' arms and cry once again, "I did it... oppa, I actually won." I whispered, everyone was greeting family and I feel the others form a group hug around me before I wiped my tears away.

"How was your vacation?" I ask, I see them grimace but I just laugh taking that I should probably watch the show myself and I'll understand the grimace from all the boys before I feel someone tug me away and capture me in a hug.

"OPPAS!" I smile brightly, hugging BamBam. 

Jinyoung tried to pull me from BamBam's grip but I just tighten it, sticking my tongue to him and seeing BamBam smugly smiling before walking away from everyone to have his 'private time' with his favorite PARK!

JB pried me away, "My turn." he stated, giving me a quick hug before I was passed around until I landed on Jinyoung, "Told you I'm their favorite Park," I smugly said, Jinyoung just rolled his eyes and walked up to JB.

"PARK EUNYOUNG! COME ON!" shouted the girls and I moaned before trudging away, saying goodbye to the boys to start my adventures as a member of IOI