Chap 18

Carter Hoye~Harrington.

A lump formed on my throat as the 911 responder spoke on the phone. I just looked at my sister, the sound of her flesh crackling the smell of her flesh burning.

My eyes brimmed with water. My dear sister. The one who always wants her movies on and loves her chocatle sundaes at pop's.

"Hello? An ambulance is on the way."The voice spoke from the phone. "Just keep the cold water rags on her."

"Oh fuck."Bryce muttered under his breath as he looked at Ivy. "You'll be okay."

"I-I."Ivy croaked.

"Don't speak."Aiden said as tear trickled down his face. "You'll be okay."

Douglas looked at her and wrapped the cold rag on her thigh. "You'll be okay."He muttered.

I heard the noises of sirens. "You need to open the door for them."Aiden said.

I nodded and ran to the front door I opened the door and showed the way.

-

Aiden paced back and forth his tshirt snaoked in Ivy's blood. "She'll have to be okay."Bryce said as he looked down at his hands which were full of Ivy's blood. "She' is a fighter."

Doug bottom lip quivered, his eyes brimmed with tears. He covered his face with his hands and brusted into tears.

My hand slowly rubbed his back. "She'll be okay."

"I should of saved her."Douglas said "I should of. I should told her to get or quicker. I should of stood in front of her."

Douglas shirt sleeves were rolled up. "Where did you get these bruises from?"Bryce asked.

"Dad."He replied. "He was going to do something to me with that Oil but Ivy came and took instead."

"Oh fuck."Aiden muttered "What didn't I realise this?"

"We all thought you were his favourite."Bryce muttered "You should of told us."

"He said none of youse would believe me."He cried harder he moved his hands away and I hugged him.

"Everything will work out."

"How do you know?"Douglas asked "I should of saved her."

"What are you going to make Carts?"Aiden asked as he leaned his back against the counter.

I blinked and looked up from the counter. "Lasagne?"

"I'm saying a casserole or pasta?"Douglas suggested. "Pasta is easy."

"Paella!"Grayson sang as he walked around the kitchen. "Paella!"

"Stop saying chiz that we don't know how to make!"

"There is something called Google these days you know."Grayson said with a grin on his face. "You just type it in and things come up."

"The world has gone so much better."Heath added. "And modernised. You don't need to go down to a library."

"What about tacos?"Finn suggested as he let out a soft groan. He got up from the stool. "I think I'll miss dinner."

"That is not fair!"Evan yelled. "What does Finn get to miss dinner? I'm older then him as well!"

Aiden rolled his eyes. He looked at Evan "No one is missing dinner."He looked at Finn. "Even if you are dying. If you are, it's best to have last moments with family around you."

Finn let out a growl and walked out of the kitchen.

"I'll just make something simple."

Everyone left the kitchen expect from Aiden. "Are you okay?"He asked as he looked at me "You look like you have come from a different world."

I nodded "I'm fine."

"Well I'm off to do Uncle's Ben room."Aiden said "As no one else is bothered about it!"he said loud for them to hear.

"You brought this chiz on yourself!"Grayson yelled from the basement.

-

"The pasta is really good."Uncle Ben commented with a smile. "Great job Carter."

"Thank you."I said with a smile. "I did all by myself."

"I suggested pasta though."Douglas joked "So I did help."

I let out a chuckle and looked down at my plate. I still hadn't touched my pasta I honestly fought with myself to make pasta today's mum's birthday and she loved pasta.

I miss Ivy loads though I think that's what wrong. I think we all do.

"So when will Ivy be back?"Uncle Ben asked as he put his knife and fork down.

We all looked at Aiden. "She'll be back tomorrow afternoon."Aiden replied with a smile. "She's having a sleepover."

He nodded. "I can't wait to see her."

We all nodded and just carried on eating. After me and Doug carried the plates into the kitchen.

Doug washes the plate as I dry them. "Do you think about what's happened?"I asked as I dry the dish with a rag.

He let out a sigh and nodded. "Everyday. Till this day I believe i could of saved her."

"You think she's alright?"

"Even though how much I'm against her and Cole he'll make sure no harm comes to her."Doug replied. "I think she has found happiness but it's going to take us time to get use it."

I nodded. "Do you still think about Mum and Dad? Like where they are?"

He looked at me. "Can we not talk about that please?"

I nodded "But you do though don't you?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

I just left it as that instead of staying up with my brothers and uncle. I went upstairs into my room. I pulled out a photo of mum. "Happy birthday mum. Love you loads."

A tear trickled down my face I quickly wiped it away I put the photo away.