Chap 23

Evan's feet tapped against the floor of the hospital. I let out a sigh as I looked down at me and Cole's interlocked hands which were placed on his lap.

We've been sitting here for two hours now, apparently as they finished up the surgery something went wrong and he is still in surgery now.

I let out a little yawn and just let out another sigh. Please say he is okay.

I laid my head aganist Cole's chest, I looked up to see Aiden looking at me he just let out a stifled sigh and folded his arms against his chest.

For the two hours all of us have been quiet, just silence between all of us. Uncle Ben, Doug and Finn were on the way they are just sorting a few things out.

Carter got up from his seat. "I'm going to get a coffee."He said breaking the silence. "Who wants one?"

Grayson looked up at Carter and nodded at him. He was still sat in the middle of the floor his legs crossed and just quiet. He got up "I'll come with you."

Carter nodded then both of them walked to shop downstairs. I knew this hospital a little too well thanks to my regular checks up and etc.

"I think I should go and see what's going on."Bryce said quietly as he got up from his seat.

"We shouldn't bother them."Evan spoke his voice dry. "They'll come to is when they have news."

"Please say he'll be alright."I whispered to myself. Making myself believe it.

"He'll be alright love."Cole whispered softly as he looked at me."He's one of you guys. "

He placed a kiss on my forehead and I just gave him a warm smile. I pulled my head off him as I heard Uncle Ben running towards us.

My hand still interlocked with Cole's. "I'm ever so sorry. We tried to come really quick but then Finn threw up on Doug..."He rambled on and looked at me then at Cole.

"Oh Cole I didn't know you would be here."He furrowed his eyebrows."May I ask why?"

"He's here and he wants to be."Aiden answered for him."Just leave it at that."

Uncle Ben nodded. "I've got Finn in A&E. Douglas is with him. I'll stay with you guys for a little while then go back and check on them."

"It's fine Uncle Ben."Bryce said."He is still in surgery. You go back down and we will ring you when we hear something or fetch someone to get you."

Uncle Ben hesitated for a couple of seconds his fingers laced around his head. "I don't want to leave you all alone. You've been through enough with hospitals and I-"

Aiden cut him off. "It's fine Uncle Ben. And we need updates on Finn as well. Douglas has a bad phobia of hospitals too. He'll be freaking out too."

That's what I forgot. The phobia of hospitals. He hates them,he hates the idea of them he just really hate them even though one day they could save his life.

Uncle Ben nodded."I forgot that. Anything happens I'm downstairs remember that."

We all nodded. Then he jogged to the elevator.

"Great. Two brothers admitted to the hospital today."Evan said with a dramatic sigh. "What can possible make this day even more worse?"

The doctor walked in, still in his scrubs which had blood all over it his gloves still on. We all immediately stood up and looked at him.

"How is he Dr Guy?"Bryce asked as he looked at him with pleading eyes.

He let out a sigh. "Bryce I wish it could be something good and I'll let you off how many days you want from your trainee job."

I felt ever so faint, Cole wrapped his arm around my waist to support me.

"W-What is it?"Evan asked as his lips quivered.

Aiden lips trembled like he already knew what it was going to be about. His face dropped the tears started to rolled down his face. Like he had just been in there and saw it all.

"The surgery went well at first however as we were finishing up, the nerves to the spinal cord were no longer working therefore caused difficulties because when he came in there wasn't much to do."Dr Guy explained. "He has four broken ribs, his hand which was healing is shattered we had to put pins in both of his hands. His legs well afraid there is not much to tell yet due the results of MRI haven't come but CT Scan have come and.."

Tears rolled down my face. "No. Please no."I said as my voice broke "He can't be."

"His area of his brain where his muscles move are really affected." Dr Guy said. "We have to wait few more days to see more about it but due to his sugar he is in a medical induce coma." He looked at us and left.

How could he leave like that when he just dropped a massive bombshell on us like that?

"T-That means he w-won't be able to play guitar anymore nor p-piano"I said as tears ran down my face.

"They must be something they can do!"Evan said with a sigh.

I turned to Cole, he had tears strolling down his face as well he looked at me "I'm ever so sorry love."He said in a whisper

I threw my arms around him into a hug. I sobbed on his chest.