Chapter 40

Ivory Hoye Harrington.

My eyes opened, three men were stood in front of me and Linus was there. He looked at me and let out a little sigh.

"She's awake."One of the men spoke stood in front of me. His arms crossed aganist his chest just peering down at me.

"What the fuck I'm doing here?"was supposed to come out but how did I know I had a strip of duct tape on my mouth?

A weird ass noise came out of my mouth and the room was filled with laughter. That's a unusual moment to see four possible serial killers in a room laughing their heads off.

"Why are you laughing for?"Kayden's voice bounced off the walls.

"Nothing sir."One of the men said.

He nodded at them. "You can leave now. All of you."

Everyone started to walk out, Kayden looked at me and held his hand out. "Linus, before you go can you please remove Ivy's tape from her mouth?"

He gulped. His face looked like he was flushed from life. He didn't want to hurt me.

"Now."Kayden commanded as he looked at me. His eyes glued onto me.

Linus fingers touched the corner of the tape, his cold fingers touched my cheek. He looked at me and whispered sorry.

I've gotten my tash waxed before this wasn't going to be a big deal.

He took it off. It hurt like a bitch I couldn't say anything due to Kayden being there.

"You can go now."Kayden said as he looked at Linus. "You did a good job."

Linus nodded and walked into the mass of darkness.

"I've a got plan. It's the only plan which is going to give your freedom."

I rolled my eyes at him. "No thank you. I've watched movies before."

He pulled out my phone. He looked at me. "I'm going to call Cole you better repeat after me."

I nodded. This phone call was it I had to use my white collar skills.

"Say yes Kayden."

"Yes Kayden. Do you want me to say it in Spanish too?"

He opened his mouth. Before he could say anything. "Shut up Kayden."

He rolled his eyes at me and my phone started ringing Cole. It was on speaker.

"Hello? Ivy? Where are you?"Cole's voice boomed from the phone.

His voice was music to my ears.

"She's fine."Kayden spoke in his cool voice. "She will be fine if you follow my terms."

"I want to talk to her."Cole's cool voice spoke.

Maybe I can pull of some White collar? Kayden looked at me and grinned. "Oh honey, do you want to talk to cuddle Cole?"

Before I could open my mouth. "Follow my terms and you'll have her."Kayden said as his thumb was eager to press that red button to hang up on him.

"Kayden I anit stupid. I know all of you ways let me talk to her then we'll see about your terms."Cole said over the phone. "You've known me all these years, surely you know how I work. I want proof first that she's alright."

Kayden rolled his eyes. He walked two steps closer to me and held out his phone just under my chin. "Speak."

"Ivy?"

"Cole! Gosh, I don't know where I'm but Kayden is a fucked dipshit! And you guys told me having friends would be fun!"

"Love, you don't know how long I've been waiting to hear one of your rants."

"Yeah. You are so lucky my hands are tied behind me so I cant express my actual anger."

"Love, you are okay aren't you?"

Before I could answer Cole. Kayden moved the phone away from me he held the phone to his ear and walked off into the darkness.

-

The tip of the blade dancing around the rope which tied my hands behind me. "Should we cut her free?"The voice spat. "Or should we leave her to make her own way out?"

"Leave her tied up so she can't resist what we are planning to do with her."Another voice spoke slowly picking up a strand of my hair.

"Don't touch my hair."I spoke as I shook my head so the strand of my hair would slip out of his hold. "Don't to in any part of me."

I slowly felt the tip of the blade pushing behind my back. "If you want to be alive I suggest you follow what we say."

"Paul and Matt leave her be and wipe the white powder from your nose."Kayden commanded as he walked toward me. Giving them a stern look.

Paul licked his lips and smacked them together. He brought his lips to my ear. "Don't worry I'll have you."He whispered.

Kayden threw him a look, Paul nodded at him then him and Matt left leaving me and Kayden alone.

Tears streamed down my face. There was no point of them because I couldn't wipe them away.

"I wasn't going to let them do anything to them you do know that."Kayden spoke as he kneeled himself in front of me.

"Don't become my friend right now. You are the reason why I'm here."

"I actually did enjoy being your friend. We had fun times didn't we?"

"And to think I was going to show you my Matt Bomer life size pillow!?"

He let out a soft chuckle, his thumbs softly wiped my tears and my incoming ones. His index finger stroked my cheek. "It'll be fine."

"Why am I here?"

"I promise you won't get hurt. I just need to do this."

"Please tell me Kayden."

"Me and Cole were really good friends. We did everything together and we've been through a lot. Then one day it all stopped. He had contacts bigger into the world."He explained as he looked at me. "He did things that i never thought he could do. Then one day I saw him doing something he shouldn't of been doing and I told him that the greed and money was getting to him and he didn't believe me then we slowly distant ourselves and we didn't get along. Then I left the gang life but then had to come back in for reasons."

"Why? What has that got to do with me?"

"He did something to someone who I love the most then his friend went and killed my best friend. The only one who I trusted so much after Cole."

I let out a sniff. "I'm so sorry Kayden."

"And my life is at stake here if I don't get what he stole off me."

"What did he take?"

His finger lifted my chin. He looked deep into my eyes. "Something that everyone dies over but he stole something else too."

"What?"

"You."