T W O

Dominique went back home after the funeral. Her father said he would take her to Bill's but she needed to change.

The girl changed into a pink Venice Beach tee, ripped denim shorts, and some pink vans. She put her hair in a ponytail and ran out the door.

She got on her bike and rode to Bill's street. He gave her directions for the girl had stayed mostly on her side of town.

She got to his house to see his garage door open and everyone inside. They all waved when they saw her pull in.

"Hi guys." She smiled. They acted like the funeral hadn't happened. Bill was still a little sad but he was staying happy because he still had hope.

They all began to laugh and joke around when Richie stopped. "Dominique, your name is too long. We need to shorten it." He said.

"What about Dom?" Eddie asked. He shrugged after he asked.

"No, that's a boys name." Stanley rolled his eyes.

"I've got it! Nicki. Cause ya know the last part of your name, the 'nique' part!" Richie yelled.

"T-That sounds g-g-good, w-what do you t-t-think d-d-d-Dominique?" Bill asked the girl.

She stood with her arms crossed. She didn't know. She sat pondering until Richie interrupted her thinking.

"Come on Nicki! We need to know, you've been thinking for longer than my wang!" He said impatiently.

"Fine, fine. Yes you can call me Nicki." She said, throwing her arms out.

"That's better, Nicki." Richie smirked at the girl. He already loved her name.

The new "Nicki" got onto her bike, as well as the rest of the boys. They rolled out of Bill's driveway, riding down the street.

Richie slowed down so he could be next to Nicki. "Sooo how come I never saw you at school?" He asked. It was the end of the summer now.

"Oh, I went to the catholic school on my side of town. Im coming to the public school this year though because the catholic school doesn't have an 8th grade." The girl shrugged.

"Well, you right now are rolling with the loser crew of Derry Junior High." Stanley called back from the front.

She looked at Richie and he nodded, smirking. "I'm the cool one with all the chicks. Obvious leader." He said, popping his collar.

"Yeah right Richie!" Eddie shouted, before an alarm on his watch went off.

"Aweee mamas boy, better get ready to take ur hypochondriac pills." Richie retorted.

"Shut the hell up Rich! I take them for a reason." Eddie whined, stopping his bike to take his medicine.

As we were stopped a car pulled up and I heard Stanley say, "Uh-oh."