T W E N T Y - O N E

Richie and Dominique were together and with no one but Stan for a week of summer.

Today, Richie and Dominique were getting ready to go to Stan's Bar Mitzvah.

Dominique got dressed in an off the shoulder lemon printed dress, white Mary James, and had her hair down and curly.

Richie rode with her and her parents to the event at the Synagogue. They arrived and went to sit down.

Richie and her both giggled at Stan's tamed down straight hair, it looked unnatural compared to the curly mess they were used to.

Both of them had came to terms with what had happened at the house on Neibolt Street and it bothered Dominique to no end.

Richie still hadn't apologized to Bill, which Dominique constantly pestered him about. They had been best friends forever and couldn't let a punch to the nose end their friendship.

Stan recited the words from his Torah. Neither Richie or Dominique were Jewish so the Hebrew made no sense to them. They were just there to support their friend.

From across the room they spotted Eddie, and on the other side, Bill with his parents. Dominique smiled at both of them.

Eddie had a cast on his arm, with no signatures, as he hadn't been let out of the house for two weeks.

As the event ended, Richie and Dominique walked outside. The two of them were going on their first date at her parents restaurant tonight.

Richie went home with his parents to change as Dominique did the same. Her mother couldn't see why she had to change, but Dominique said she didn't understand.

Dominique ran to her room and rifled through her closet five times before she made the perfect outfit.

She had a brown longsleeve crop turtleneck; a yellow, brown, and white striped skirt; some brown booties; and daisy earrings.

Richie met her at her door and the walked hand in hand to the Cortez family restaurant. Her brother, Antonio was working tonight.

He seated them at a table for two. Richie pulled her chair out for her. "You look dashing mademoiselle." He said in a French accent.

"And you look quite dapper sir, I must say." Dominique said in a British accent, fanning herself as she mock swooned.

The two love birds were laughing the night away as they talked about Quiet Riot, MTV, and Ataris. It was as if nothing bad had ever happened to them.

It was like IT didn't exist, like they were just kids on a date. It was like how summer was supposed to be.

As Richie walked Dominique home, his hand in hers, Dominique wished that it could always be like this.

They stopped at her door. "Ya know Rich, I had a really good time tonight." She smiled.

"So did I Dominique, I hope we can do this again." He said, leaning in. Their lips met and they kissed.

Soon the porch light came on, and both of them pulled away, gasping for breath. Richie went down the steps.

"Goodnight Dominique." He said as she closed her door behind her.