E I G H T

After the fateful meeting in the alley, Ben Hanscomb took the crew back to his house and showed them all his research on Derry. It was a little frightening.

Dominque went home thinking about what Ben had spoken about. She made it to her part of town and stopped in her abuela's grocery store.

She called her abuela's name and heard her response come from the very back of the store. In the bakery.

To get to the bakery you had to walk through the meat market. As she walked through, the lights began to flicker. Dominique thought nothing of it.

"Dominique, dominique, dominique, dontcha wanna float?" She heard whispers of children's voices say.

She began to get very freaked out. She began walking faster but it seemed she stayed in the same place the whole time.

The whispers got louder and louder until they became demonic shrieks. Dominique was crying and screaming by now.

She heard a voice right by her ear that made her whip around. "He he he, hello Nicki!" Something said in a slightly dorky voice.

She turned around to see a creepy clown with blue eyes watching her every move. "Do you wanna balloon Dominique?" He asked, smiling with his big buck teeth.

"N-no I'm f-f-fine." Dominique answered, sounding like her friend Bill as she stuttered. She was downright scared.

"Well don't ya wanna float?" He asked, he blinked and his eyes became an amber yellow. He smiled a more sinister smile.

"N-n-no! I don't!" Dominique now yelled, trying her hardest to get away but it felt like her feet were glued to the floor.

"Are you sure?" The clown asked, his voice more demonic and sinister than dorky now. He began to open up his mouth to show five sets of razor sharp teeth.

He put the teeth over her head and around it before her abuela came to the rescue, but she didn't know it.

"Dominique! Are you alright? Did one of those boys chase you again? Lo juro voy a golpearlos con un de madera cuchara!" Her grandma shouted.

"No no, no need for a wooden spoon." Dominique laughed, calm now. Her grandma had wanted to beat the bowers gang with a wooden spoon.

Her abuela took her into the bakery and handed her some home made sugar cookies. "Now what happened Dominique?" He grandma asked.

"Oh nothing, I freaked out over nothing. The dead cow hanging in the butchery kinda scared me that's it." Dominique shrugged.

As she walked home that night all she could think about was that clown. It's outfit, it's face, it's teeth. It scared her half to death.

Dominique walked home and decided to call Richie. She needed to tell the story to someone. He was the only option.

"City morgue?" Richie asked, answering the phone in a mock deep voice. It wasn't very good.

"Yeah yeah hey Richie I gotta tell you something." Dominique answered.

After she finished the story she heard Richie take a deep breath. "I'm sure this clown is unreal, but if it isn't, I'll make damn sure it never lays its hands on you ok Dominique?" Richie asked.

"Okay Richie."