T W E N T Y

Bill turned around as the Kaspbrak's sped away. "Guys, I saw the well, I know where it is. Next time we'll be more prepared!" He exclaimed.

"No! No next time Bill!" Stan screamed, close to tears. The boy was scared out of his mind.

"Why not? No one else is gonna do anything?" Beverly asked. She was on Bill's side.

"Eddie was almost killed!" Richie screamed. "And look at this motherfucker! He's leaking hamburger helper!" He pointed to Ben.

Dominique came up behind Richie, taking his hand in hers. "He has a point Bill, if we do that again it's suicide." She told him.

Ben nodded. Beverly looked at him with shame. "Ben you said it yourself! It comes back every 27 years!" She scorned.

"Yeah! I'll be 40 and far away from here! I thought you wanted to get out of this town too!" Ben shouted back.

"Yeah, but I want to run towards something, not away!" She reasoned, trying to sound inspirational.

"I'm sorry, but who invited Molly Ringwald into the group?" Richie asked. Beverly flipped him off.

Stan and Dominique looked at the nerd. "Richie." They both said, getting onto him.

"I'm sorry but let's face facts! Bill, Georgie's dead! You couldn't save him, and you're not gonna be able to save yourself!" Richie yelled.

"You t-t-t-take that b-back!" Bill stuttered, becoming angry with Richie. He shoved the boy.

Richie shoved back. Bill then ran towards him, punching him in the face. Richie fell and Dominique heard the crack of his nose.

Richie got up, Dominique grabbing him around the waist holding him back. He was yelling every insult under the sun.

"Stop!" Beverly yelled. Everyone became quiet. "It's trying to tear us apart! This is what it wants!" She reasoned.

"We were together when we hurt it! That's why we're alive!" She exclaimed to the group.

"Yeah? Well I plan to keep it that way!" Richie yelled, brushing past them, bumping into Bill. He grabbed his bike.

Dominique followed him, along with everyone else. Dominique didn't know what to believe anymore. She almost lost her life back there.

Richie and her rode together to her house. No words were spoken. When they made it there, they went straight to her room.

"Ya know Richie, Bill's your best friend. You're gonna have to apologize sometime." She told the boy.

"Yeah, I know. I just don't want to right now." He shrugged, Dominique understood.

They sat side by side on her bed in silence for quite sometime. Richie turned around to her to say something but was cut off by Dominique's lips.

"Sorry for interrupting, but I've been waiting to do that a long time." She told the boy, who's eyes were as wide as saucers.

He smirked. "If that's how you interrupt, you need to do it more often."