0.5

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
—September 17th, 2017—

Lila grimaced as she pulled up to her shared house with her brother to see a bunch of cars parked

Lila grimaced as she pulled up to her shared house with her brother to see a bunch of cars parked. The boys were still over. She loved the boys like they were her brothers but she had a bad day and was hoping she could go to sleep. Even better than going to sleep as soon as she came home, she would've liked to binge movies in the living room and eat ice cream. But they would be loud, so she couldn't do either of those.

She pulled open the storm door and it fell back against her book bag that seemed to be over flowing this point in the semester. She unlocked the door and entered to be greeted with the familiar laughs and voices of the hockey players.

"Hey Lils," Nolan greeted her with a wide smile. It fell when he noticed the frown on her face and he furrowed his eyebrows.

Lila sighed. "Hey guys. I'll be down in a few minutes," she spoke and went upstairs to her room to change. She put on a pair of sweatpants and an old school shirt. At the same time Taylor was about to come up.

"I'll be right back guys, I'm grabbing something to drink," Taylor said from downstairs. The house was set up an interesting way. When you first walk in the kitchen is to your left. Next to the wall that separates the corridor and the kitchen is the first set of stairs. On the right is the living room. When you walk past the stairs there's an office and then the bathroom. A guest room is further down. When you walk all the way down there's a family room with a second set of stairs. The family room connected with the dining room which was connected with the kitchen.

Taylor walked past the kitchen and into  the family room to go up the stairs to Lila's room. He walked down the hallway until he reached the door and knocked.

Lila was confused when she heard the knock on the door. She opened it to see Taylor which was a disappointment. She secretly was hoping for Nolan, but she would never admit that out loud.

"Hey Tay," she said with a slight smile and opened the door further so he could come in. Taylor loved how at home Lila's room always felt. Her gray walls made the room simplistic, but the many hockey trophies and medals made up for it. Pictures of her friends back from Canada and pictures of her family littered the walls. The jersey that read "Konecny" with the number seventeen was hung up on the wall with her old sticks in the corner of the room the hadn't been used for at least a year. Travis and her had the same number their entire lives, but now Travis was number eleven. Taylor never understood why Lila had stopped playing hockey, she was always amazing.

Lila on the other hand cursed at herself everyday for not putting the sticks in the back of her closet. She wanted to so bad, but every time she was about to she stopped. It didn't feel right. She couldn't bring herself to do it.