1.9

— November 17th —

I woke up with one of Nolan's arms under my head and my head nuzzled into his side

I woke up with one of Nolan's arms under my head and my head nuzzled into his side. He was on his phone, wide awake. I guess hockey players really were morning people considering how early they always have to wake up.

"Good morning, gorgeous," He said and kissed my head. I groaned and nuzzled farther into him. "It's six-thirty now. If we get up now I can show you around Winni and by eleven we can leave for Brandon."

I nodded and got up to get ready. I grabbed Nolan's Wheat Kings sweatshirt that I still had from Toronto and put on ripped skinny jeans. I slipped on my black and white converse and left my hair down.

By the time I was done Nolan was as well. He met me in the living room before we were off.

"So, I'm just going to show you the generic things first, like where I went to school, the hockey rink I went to, and some of my friends' old houses. It won't take that long."

Nolan and I sat in his car as I looked out the window. I truly could not get over how gorgeous Winnipeg was. He turned the radio on and softly hummed the tune of the song playing.

"This my dear is where it all started," Nolan said as he parked and sat back, examining the building that was in front of us.

"Let's go in, Nol," I said and opened the door to start walking inside. Nolan caught up with me and grabbed my hand as we walked through the doors.

"This is the rink I used to come every Friday night with my friends. We'd skate for the open skate and stay even later for the hockey open practice. This is where I fell in love with hockey. But now I love something else," He mumbled the last part and I couldn't help but feel my face redden. Was he talking about me? He couldn't possibly.

"You're Nolan Patrick!" A little voice shouted and Nolan and I turned to search for where the voice came from. I smiled as I spotted a little boy who couldn't be any older than six. He had hockey gear on and a stick in his hand. "Can you sign my stick please?"

"Of course, Buddy. What's your name?" Nolan dropped my hand to kneel down to the young boy's height. His mom walked over and gave Nol a sharpie to sign the boy's stick.

"Sebastian," he said and looked at Nolan as if he was some sort of God. I mean... "Who are you?" Sebastian asked once he eventually spotted me.

I grinned and kneeled down next to Nol. "My name is Lila. I'm Nolan's.. girlfriend," I said and Nolan smiled at me softly.

"You're really pretty," He said bluntly causing both Nolan and I to laugh. Nolan handed Sebastian his stick and his face lit up.