1.1

last chapter was rushed, i'm sorry! but this chapter will make it up, promise💞

—October 23rd, 2017—

(look at this beautiful human being)

↳Nolan's Point Of View↰

Thanks to Travis we won the game in overtime. That'll teach that Matthews kid. Who does he think he is? He can't just waltz in and try to sweet talk Lila into falling for him.

Of course he can.

My jersey was off and in my cubby and I had taken off my chest pads when there was a knock at the door. Only one person ever knocked on the door and that was Lila. Claude checked to make sure we were all decent before yelling for her to come in.

She had a panicked look on her face and I couldn't help but want to bombard her with questions. Was she okay? Clearly she wasn't, but I wanted to know what was wrong. I was going out on a date with her within the next few days. I felt awful, I want to help her in any way possible. She scanned the room and met my gaze. Her chest rose and fell back quickly.

"Are you okay?" I mouthed and she shook her head. I pursed my lips and she headed back towards the showers to continue her search. I sighed and took off my undershirt.

❁ Lila's Point Of View ❁

After I went into the locker room and couldn't find Travis I went to the showers. He had just gotten out and had a pair of shorts on, luckily.

"Travis we need to go to the doctor's. My blood sugar is way too low for me to have just eaten a bunch of shitty foods a few hours ago," I said quietly and he took in a deep breath. He ran a hand through his hair as he walked towards his cubby.

"We'll find one in Philly tomorrow, I promise Lils. It can't be too awful," He said and I sighed before nodding. I walked back to the cubbies and Nolan was finishing putting on his suit. I leaned against his cubby and he smiled softly at me.

"C'mon, I need to talk to you," I said quietly and he looked down at me. He was 6'2, the son of a bitch. I was 5'4, clearly height wasn't in my favor.

Nolan grabbed his hockey bag and followed me out into the hallway. We went near the offices and I turned to lean against the wall.

"Nolan, I have type one diabetes. That's why sometimes I get lightheaded or I get moody and snap at people. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner I just–" I rambled on but Nolan stepped closer to me, putting his hands on both sides of my waist.