2.9

— December 25th —

I tried my best to ignore the searing pain that was in my knee. I was hoping all I did was pop a stitch but the pain told me otherwise.

"You are not fine," Nolan mumbled as he pulled a chair out for me. I rolled my eyes as he pushed the seat in, him sitting down next to me.

Dinner was amazing as usual courtesy of Carrie, Mom and all of the aunts that helped. Around ten o clock everyone was gone so we were all able to relax. I went upstairs and sat down on Nolan's bed, taking off my knee brace. My eyes widened at the sight of blood on the ace bandage that covered my stitches. The door to Nolan's room flew open and revealed him.

"Lila what the hell?" He mumbled as he walked over. "Why didn't you just admit you weren't fine? Your stubbornness is going to be the end of me, I swear."

"I didn't want to mess up Christmas. That's all," I muttered and peeled back the ace bandage revealing the few popped stitches on my wound.

"Put your arms up," Nolan said and I furrowed my brows but did as he said. He wrapped one arm under my arms and the other under my knees, carrying me into the bathroom. He set me down on the sink and reached into the cabinet to get a bottle of hydrogen peroxide. "This is gonna hurt like a bitch."

Nolan poured peroxide over the cut and I hissed out in pain. He chuckled as he saw my fingers clenched onto the granite of the counter top.

"Maybe next time you mention when there's a problem," He said and poured more of the peroxide on. "We're going to the doctors tomorrow so you can get these out. It healed fas – Shit, what am I saying? That just means you're leaving sooner." He rambled and I cupped both of Nolan's cheeks in my hands. He shut up instantly and looked into my eyes.

"Listen, when I get cleared we're going to have an 'us' day okay? That way we still can have time together," I said and he nodded before kissing me softly. He grabbed a bandaid and put it on the cut before helping me down from the counter.

Nolan helped me over to his bed and went over to my suitcase to grab a pair of pajamas. He found a pair of sweatpants but went into his closet to grab a shirt. He tossed them to me and I thanked him before he went into the bathroom to change and brush his teeth. A few minutes later after I was changed Nolan came out. I scored over so I was closer to the wall and he laid down next to me. He wrapped both of his arms around my waist and I rested my head against his forearm.

"I love you, Lila." He said quietly.

"I love you too, Nol."

— December 26th —

Nolan and I woke up the next morning and once we were both ready he took me to the doctor's. I was nervous, I wanted to be healed because I hate those stupid crutches. Yet I didn't want to be healed because I wanted to stay with Nolan.

The ride was almost silent and I knew why. Nolan grabbed my hand as we walked into the doctor's office, bringing up our hands to his lips as he kissed my knuckles. The doctor took us in immediately because apparently Nolan was well known here. It didn't surprise me, he was always hurt.

"These are definitely ready to come out," The doctor mumbled as he examined the stitches. He turned around in his chair to grab the instruments he needed to take them out. It was painful of course but speedy. Within ten minutes we were done and I was walking.

—December 31st—

"So, boys," I said as we all sat around the fire at Travis and I's house. I was ready to rip off the bandaid. "I'm going back to Canada."

"What!" Ivan yelled out. I frowned.

"She's playing on my Uncle's team in Winnipeg," Nolan said as he leaned back in his chair, crossing his arms across his chest.

I sighed before speaking. "Yeah. I couldn't decline." The boys all spoke how much that they were going to miss me and I nearly cried. I loved all of these boys so much.

Midnight was nearing so we all went inside for the countdown. I leaned my head on Nolan's shoulder. I was exhausted from everything that was happening. When the countdown reached zero Nolan pressed his lips to mine as everyone cheered around us. I knew this was going to be one of our last kisses so I savored it, because who knows when the next one would possibly be.

-a/n-
yikes this is a horrible chapter. happy New Year's Eve everyone!!