0.6

Calgary, Alberta
—September 19th 2017—

September nineteenth is Nolan's birthday and all of the boys knew that

September nineteenth is Nolan's birthday and all of the boys knew that. Lila however, did not. So when the day rolled around all of the boys were buzzing with excitement.

It was their first away trip and they were in Calgary to play against the Flames. After this they would fly to Toronto to play the Leafs. Lila was excited to be back in Canada; her and Travis planned to drive to London after they were done in Toronto. They had a few days break so they would be able to spend a few days with their parents.

Lila was alone in her hotel room while the boys were at practice. Then she received a text from Travis.

Trav: meet at the river restaurant for Nolan's birthday at 5

Lila: it's Nolan's birthday?

Trav: yes..😂

She finished uploading photos to her laptop and got ready for the dinner. She changed into a pair of jeans, converse, and a white shirt tucked into her jeans. Once she was ready and put mascara on she grabbed her wallet, phone and rental car keys and headed out of the hotel and down to the parking lot.

She drove to the restaurant that was only a few minutes away. When she got there Travis was standing outside looking at his phone. She got out and smiled at her brother as he looked up.

"They're inside, I just wanted to make sure you got here," He said and they walked into the restaurant that was water front. Travis walked them back towards the outside of the restaurant and she saw a lot of the boys seated on the dock that over looked the water.

It was the first time today that Lila would be seeing Nolan so she didn't feel bad about not wishing him a happy birthday. She woke up around eleven and by that time the boys had morning skate and then a practice and then a video review.

"Happy birthday Nolan!" Lila said with a bright smile as she saw the familiar Canadian kid. She was getting used to him being around all of the time and she would be lying if she said she didn't like it.

"Thanks Lils," He smiled back and she sat down in the open seat next to him. Taylor stared at the two from across the table. Travis barely allowed him to even look at Lila after his attempt of kissing her. Man did he regret that.

The boys were all talking about the upcoming Phillies game they would be going to. Claude would be throwing out the first pitch of the game as the others watched from one of the suites. They were all really excited for the event and for their captain.

The boys' game was later tonight at seven. Tomorrow everyone would fly out to Toronto then have a chill day before having a game the day after. They have a three day break so then Travis and Lila will drive to go see their parents in London. Nolan was going to fly to Winnipeg to catch up with his. Most of the boys were staying home, for instance Ivan clearly wasn't going to fly to Russia just to have to fly back a day later.

Eventually everyone parted ways and went straight to the Scotiabank Saddledome to go play against the Flames. Lila's staff jacket and camera were already at the arena when they were moving things in. She set up in her spot and waited for the boys to come out of the tunnel.

She got a really good picture of Nolan as he came out of the tunnel first. He had a look of determination on his face and she smiled as she snapped the photo. They started passing pucks around and Nolan shot a puck towards Lila causing her to flinch back since her face was buried in her camera, she had no way of seeing the puck coming.

Lila glared playfully at Nolan who smiled at her. The game started a few minutes later and Lila grinned as she saw Nolan on the ice meaning he was on the first line.

Lila was supposed to meet Johnny Gaudreau after the game, because as she stated before she actually talks to a lot of people in the entire organization. The two had begun to talk over the summer and seemed to have a lot in common, so naturally the girl was pretty excited to meet him.

The boys lost 5-1 so she knew meeting Johnny was either going to be great or be absolutely awful. She wouldn't have to deal with the boys attitudes but she wouldn't hear the end about going to hang out with the "enemy". So after he was done she returned her camera to Hakstol and went down to the hallway where Johnny told her to meet him.

"Lila?" She heard a voice and turned around to see the boy. She smiled and walked towards him to hug her.

"Hey Johnny," She said as she wrapped her arms around him. "You did great out there," She smiled. He had gotten a goal and two assists out on the ice.

"Thank you," He smiled at her.

Lila had no clue why she had agreed to go and hang out with Johnny. Yeah he was nice, yeah they had a lot in common, but her eyes were set on one person. Her feelings weren't definite, but they were becoming more noticeable.

lkonecny17: happy birthday nol! here's to many memories and bad pictures💙

56.2k likes | 67 comments

npatrick19: thanks Lils, love you!

lkonecny17: love you too!! @npatrick19

ipro13: I smell a romance

shaynegostisbehere: ^i second that

lilakonecny17: get outta here ^

taylorleier: cute

-
-
-

I hate this chapter for some reason. It's all over the place. BUT go check out the cast list if you haven't already!

also, LEIER IS ON FIRE LATELY. IM LIKE WOAH. (I wrote this during preseason and he was doing amazing)

comment anything that you want to happen in the story, yes I will give you credit!

Final thing! I have officially started my freshman year of high school so I'm kinda busy with school and studying. I'll definitely start writing more when my grades are at a safepoint when not every single point matters.

thank you for reading!

-r

NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE BETTER I PROMISE. I JUST HAD TO GET THIS OUT IN ORDER TO KEEP MOVING