0.8

— October 10th, 2017 —

Lila could barely keep her eyes open on the way to the airport. She was in the backseat of one of the rental cars with Ivan, Travis and Nolan. She was sitting next to Nolan who seemed very strangely like a morning person. He was awake no problem.

"Go to sleep, Lils. It's gonna be another forty-five minutes until we get there," Travis said as he looked into the mirror to meet her eyes. He knew she was partly drowsy from not eating anything since last night. He was going to make sure she ate as soon as they got to the airport.

"Lila put your head on my shoulder, it'll be more comfortable," Nolan said quietly and Lila, of course, agreed and rested her head. Travis smiled at the two, at this point he didn't know what was going on between the two. Lila would have told him if they were dating, right?

Once Nolan was positive that Lila was asleep he decided to tell Ivan and Travis. What's the worst that can happen, them freaking out on him? Actually, yes. That's pretty horrible.

Nolan swallowed his pride to speak up, "Travis? Ivan? Can I talk to you guys?" Ivan turned around in his seat to let Nolan know he was listening. Travis looked up in the mirror like he did moments before with his sister. "I like Lila."

Nolan watched as a smile etched onto Travis' face. "You're not mad?" He asked. Travis shook his head.

"I saw this coming, Nol. Besides, I think you can handle her." Travis was happy. After some evaluating he decided Nolan may actually be a good fit for Lila. He was really patient which would be good for her illness when she would have her off days.

"So... You wouldn't be mad if I asked her out on a date?" Nolan asked and Travis shook his head.

The airport was bustling with people despite it being nearly four in the morning. Lila groggily made her way through the crowd, following the boys who had sunglasses on to try and disguise themselves. However Lila was still wearing Nolan's sweatshirt which almost gave everything away. It smelt just like him and Lila loved the cologne he always wore.

The entire team met up at the gate for Toronto. Lila laid down across the seats  and tried to take a nap but the boys weren't letting her.

"Lils go grab coffee or something. We don't take off for another hour so you'll probably just want to sleep on the flight." Travis said and Lila groaned as she sat up. It was way to early to even be breathing. 

"How long is our flight?" She asked and Nolan chuckled.

"Four hours," Nolan said and Lila groaned once again. She grabbed her wallet from her carry on bag and got up, ready to go and find the nearest Tim Horton's. (I almost put Dunkin Donuts and then realized they're in Canada. Where're my Americans at¿?)

"Can you get me and iced coffee?"

"Can you grab three doughnuts for me?"

The boys all started barking their orders at Lila who glared at them, she could barely stand on her own two feet. Why did they think she was capable of practically sleep walking while holding several hot beverages?

"I'll come with you, Lila," Nolan said and Lila looked at him gratefully. They began their adventure to try and find the shop.

"I like how my sweatshirt looks on you," Nolan said with a small smile. Lila looked over at him and saw he was already looking at her, causing her to blush.

"Thanks," She said and smiled as she continued walking forward. Nolan could feel the adrenaline pumping through his veins. Now would be the time.

"Lils, would you wanna go on a date with me?" Lila stopped in her tracks and turned to look at the now embarrassed boy who had a light blush on his cheeks. She couldn't help the smile that etched its way onto her face.

"Nolan, I would love to."

Except that didn't happen.

Nolan held his tongue. He couldn't risk anything right now, besides was an airport really the right place to ask the girl of your dreams on a date? Not really.

They eventually found the Tim Horton's and Lila began ordering everything the boys wanted. She ended up ordering an iced coffee despite it being attic weather outside. Nolan chuckled and ordered a hot coffee for himself. Lila grabbed the several bags of doughnuts and breakfast bagels while Nolan grabbed the drinks.

"Thank you Nolan," She said and smiled at him. He returned the gesture. "How have you been adapting to the American life?"

"I really like it in Pennsylvania. Of course I do get home sick some times but then I remember how hard I worked to get here," Nolan said and Lila nodded. She understood where he was coming from, she got home sick a lot too. London would always be her home no matter how long she was away from it.

They eventually reached the team once again. Lila and Nolan handed everyone their requested items before she grabbed her coffee and sat down with her bag. Lila felt lucky, she didn't have to dress up into fancy clothes just yet. Ron wanted Lila to get used to waking up early before having her dress up for flights. He knew she was the hardest to wake up, and therefore the most nightly of them all.

The boys had to be dressed in suits as they always did on travel days. Lila wondered how uncomfortable it would be to have to do that.

An agonizing thirty minutes later the team was allowed to board the private plane. Lila sat down on a window seat, she always loved the window seat and often fought Travis for it whenever they had traveled. She hadn't noticed Nolan sat down next to her, along with Ivan and Travis in front of them. With how the plane was set up there were groups of fours in the seats that faced each other.

Travis fiddled with his ring finger and Lila looked up at him. She nodded slightly and this time Nolan saw the interaction. He wondered when she would actually tell him about her diabetes.

Lila got up to go check her blood sugar which happened to be right at the right milligram. When she came back smiling Travis knew all was well. Lila never did well with long flights, the longest she had ever been on a flight was just over three hours from London to Philly. She fell asleep and was woken up by Nolan.

"Lils wake up, we're in Toronto," He shook her lightly and her eyes fluttered open but then closed once again.

"Nol, I'm too tired," She groaned and curled back up into her seat. He sighed.

"Lila you have to get up. You want to see Auston right?" Travis asked and Lila's eyes opened and she groggily stood up. Nolan laughed as he watched her struggle to try and get her bag off of the shelf.

Nolan stood up behind her and reached over her to grab it. She tried to get it from him but he shook his head as he walked off of the plane with her bag. As she was about to get off the plane Travis grabbed her arm softly.

"Lila he likes you," He said with a smile and Lila scoffed. He did not!

She rolled her eyes and walked off of the plane into the lobby to try and find the boys. A lot of them were morning people which surprised Lila. Nolan was still carrying Lila's bag no matter how much she asked to carry it. All of her diabetic things were in there and if he saw them he would be questioning her.

But she didn't know that he already knew.

At the hotel Lila was roomed with Nolan, a clear set up in both of their eyes. After putting her suitcases onto one of the beds she flopped down onto it. Nolan smiled lightly at her. He was falling, and he was falling hard.

-
-
-

expect some interesting things happening soon:)
yes, nolan's injury against anaheim will come in, probably the next chapter or two. I've added dates to the chapters to one, make it easier to understand the timeline for both you and me, but also to keep track of things. it just makes writing easier for me and i have grown to love using dates.