1.3

— October 24th —

I got changed into a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and wrapped a flannel around my waist

I got changed into a pair of ripped skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and wrapped a flannel around my waist. I put on a pair of white converse and left my hair draped over my shoulders. It was wavy from the curls it was in last night.

I finished putting on a coat of mascara when there was a knock at my bedroom door. It opened and Travis stood there with a smile. "Nolan's here." He said and I grinned. I grabbed my phone and slipped it into the back pocket before going downstairs.

Nolan was wearing a maroon shirt – a color I absolutely loved on him – and a pair of khakis. His hands were stuffed in his pockets as he stood in the living room, his attention adverted to whatever Travis had on TV. He heard me when I reached the bottom step and turned, a grin etched onto his face.

"Gorgeous as ever, Lila," He said and I smiled.

"Thanks Nol. You look pretty decent as well," I said and he chuckled before grabbing my hand and leading us outside. "Bye Travis!" I called and Nolan shut the door behind us.

"So I planned to have dinner on the waterfront at Maggie's. Then go and walk around Center City until we have to go to the Fargo," He said as he looked over at me, beginning to pull out of the driveway.

"Sounds like a plan, Pats." I said and I looked over at him. He had a smile on his face as he looked forward, keeping his attention on the road.

We arrived at Maggie's a few minutes later and we went in only to be lead onto the porch where the water was. I couldn't contain my grin, it had been so long since I was last here. Nolan pulled out my chair for me and he sat down across from me.

"Thank you for this," I said quietly and Nolan looked up at me.

"It's never a problem," He responded and a waitress came to take our drink orders. Since Nolan was on his hockey diet he ordered a water but I got a sprite.

"So how do you think you guys are going to do tonight?" The boys were playing Anaheim tonight. The Ducks were really on their game lately but almost all of their good players are were currently injured.

"I have a good feeling. We've been really decent lately so hopefully we won't get too cocky," He said as our waitress arrive with our drinks. We both thanked her and continued talking once we ordered our food. "Lila, will you be my girlfriend?"

I wasn't expecting Nolan to ask me that, especially not tonight. "I would love to be your girlfriend, Nolan."

Since I had never been on a date before I had nothing to compare the date with Nolan to. But it was amazing. Around four we walked around Center City and it was great to finally be able to hold his hand for real. We were officially dating and it felt great. We headed over to the Wells Fargo Center for the game and went in through the player entrance.

"Good luck, Nol," I said and kissed his cheek as we reached my office. He put his arms around my waist and leaned down. His lips were hovering over mine when he got a call from his phone causing him to pull away.

"Every time!" He groaned in frustration and I laughed at him. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and answered his call. "You have horrible timing, Travis."

I walked into my office and slipped my staff jacket on over my shirt. For the first period I was assigned in the office to put together montages and to create posters for the Santa Sacks advertisements that would air in a few weeks.

We had scored the first goal courtesy of Couturier. Then to even it up, Kase scored. I groaned but continued working on the posters until I finished up. By the time I finished we were halfway through intermission so I headed down to the locker room to see the boys. I knocked and opened the door a few seconds later.

"Congrats Sean!" I said to Sean who nodded at me. He was doing well this season, he was proving a lot of people wrong.

I walked over to Nolan's cubby and rested my head on his forearm. He turned and smiled at me, wrapping one of his arms around my waist.

"I was streaming the game from the office. You're killing it out there, Pats." I said and kissed his cheek.

"Lila can you grab me a water bottle?"

Déjà vu much?

I went to go walk in the back of the locker room where I knew the water bottles were located. I heard footsteps behind me and when I reached the water I turned to see Nolan.

"Why do you take orders from him Lils? He's an asshole," Nolan practically whined and I sighed, putting my hands on his shoulders.

"Because if I don't I'm the bad guy, that's why." I said quietly and he rolled his eyes.

"You could never be the bad guy Lila! You're too sweet to be one," I peeked behind Nolan's shoulder and saw Taylor watching us. So what did I do? I kissed Nolan.

Nolan was clearly surprised but reacted quickly. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My hand cupped his cheek and pulled away slowly. "He was watching." I said with a grin and Nolan laughed loudly.

"You're great, you know that Lils?" I nodded and we walked back to the boys. I threw Taylor his water bottle even though he was glaring at me.

The boys had to go back out on the ice and I followed suit, heading to my spot on the side of the rink.

The second period started and all was going well for a little bit. I had my camera up in the hole of the glass. Nolan was against the boards and was trying to get the puck out of the zone when Chris Wagner came up and checked him. Nolan's head whipped against the glass and he fell down to the ice.

"Nolan!" I yelled as I watched him lay down, cradling his head. Oh no this was not good. This was not good at all.

He tried to get up but failed causing my heart beat to go into a frenzy. Trainers ran out onto the ice as I stood there with my eyes wide.

❁ ❁ ❁

fun fact im from philly so writing when they're there is so easy because i know places they can go and see. the waterfront is gorgeous + maggie's has great fries

(i apologize for this chapter but i had to)