2.0

— November 17th —

whats in the cup, pat

"Baby, my day could never be bad when I with you. I'm with you and that is enough to make me the happiest man alive." Nolan glanced over at me and I pursed my lips. Maybe I should tell him.

"It just makes me upset seeing you so happy here Nol. That sounds awful but it's true. I haven't seen you this happy in Philly and seeing you like this here just breaks me," I said but avoided saying what I really wanted to say; that I was upset I couldn't make him as happy as he was here. Sure, he just said I was enough to make him the happiest man alive. But how true could that possibly be?

"I've told you this and I'll tell you this as many times as I have to. I'm happy I went to Philly. I met you. You have changed my life and showed me how wonderful it can be. I adore you so much, Lila Marie," He spoke as he pulled into the driveway of a cute little diner.

Nolan looked over and I quickly pecked his lips. He smiled softly and we both got out of the car and into the diner where the boys were. We sat down at the booth and Nolan grabbed my hand from under the table.

"So Lila where are you from?" Logan asked. And here comes the interrogation part.

"London, actually. I moved to Philly with my brother when he was drafted," I said and just as I finished the waitress came over to take our order.

"Oh hey Nolan! Good to see you, hun. What brings you here? I thought you were in the US?" The old lady smiled at Nolan. So I guess he really did come here a lot when he still lived here.

"Hey Linda. It's great to see you two. I'm actually flying back there tomorrow, we were in Winni for a game so my girlfriend and I drove down here," Nolan said and she smiled once again. We all ordered our drinks and resumed talking.

"Who's your brother?" Tanner asked and Jordan, Logan and Cole all snickered.

"Travis Konecny," I smiled and realization hit him and his mouth formed an 'O'.

We kept talking for what seemed like hours. I got to know the boys and it felt like I was best friends with them as well. All too soon we began saying our goodbyes to one another.

"It was great meeting you Lila. I hope you two will visit again," Jordan said and I hugged him.

"It was great meeting you guys," I said and Nolan hugged the boys.

"I'll visit soon. It was amazing seeing you guys again," Nolan said and we walked out to his car.

Nolan yawned and went to go into the driver's seat. "Babe, do you want me to drive? You seem exhausted," I said and he looked at me gratefully. He tossed me the keys and I slid into the front seat.