2.5

fr getting so emotional writing upcoming scenes.

— December 3rd —

Let me just say  traveling with crutches and stitches sucks ass

Let me just say  traveling with crutches and stitches sucks ass. Especially when the flight is nearly seven hours long.

We were traveling to Calgary to (hopefully) end our losing streak tomorrow night. The boys have lost nine straight games and Hakstol is not too thrilled about that.

Which is why we were all going to get drunk.

"Babe are you ready?" Nolan called from the bathroom. I used my crutches to walk over to see he was fixing his outfit in the mirror. He was wearing a button up with khakis meanwhile I was wearing a black bodycon dress. {pic@top} "Shit." Nolan muttered under his breath. I chuckled and crutched over to him, kissing him softly. I pulled away before anything could get more escalated and went back out into the living room, Nolan coming out a few seconds after.

"Where are we meeting at?" I asked as I slipped a jacket over my shoulders.

"A bar a few blocks away. You have your ID right babe?" Nolan asked and I nodded, waving my driver's license at him.

We left a few minutes later and arrive at the bar. This would be my first time drinking in public, this was gonna be weird. We walked in to see the team sitting at a large table near the back of the building. Slowly but surely Nol and I made our way over there.

"Game plan is to get wasted, have some heart to heart conversations and then get Ubers back to the hotel. I say we leave at eleven so we're not waking up too late for practice," G said and everyone seemed pretty content with the game plan.

I sat down next to Ryanne with Nolan on my other side. His hand rested on my upper thigh as he talked to Shayne. I turned to Ryanne.

"Lil, could I talk to you in private?" Ryanne asked quietly. I nodded and we both got up. I grabbed my crutches and we walked to the bathroom.

The door shut behind us and Ryanne leaned against the counter as she took in a deep breath.

"Lils, I'm infertile." She said quietly and my eyes widened. I hugged her the best as I could. (a/n FICTION. this is not true.)

"I'm so, so sorry Ry. Does Claude know?" I mimicked her tone of voice as if someone would hear. She nodded.

"Yeah. I've been doing these shot things that give me the hormones to try and make eggs. I'm going next week to see if anything happened. Would you want to come? You're the WAG I'm closest to and I wouldn't want anyone else there. Besides C of course," She said. I nodded frantically.

"Ryanne, I would love to," I said and she smiled softly before we walked back out.

When we got back to the table Claude looked at Ryanne with concern. When I sat back down next to Nolan he furrowed his eyebrows at me causing me to shake my head signaling 'No.' He nodded subtly and placed his hand back where it was.

Eventually Claude, Wayne, Jake, Sean and Andrew all went to go order a shit ton of drinks for all of us. They all came back holding two trays each with dozens of drinks.

"Is it too late to mention I'm a lightweight?" I asked and chuckled nervously as the boys placed the trays down. The boys laughed and everyone reached to grab a shot. I didn't ask what was in it but downed the liquid when the countdown ended. With my luck it was indeed vodka. 

After a few more shots and drinks Claude decided to start the conversation.

"So... you guys all know how suckish we're been playing. It's hard being a captain of a team and doing everything you can but nothing is working." He said and a few of the boys nodded.

"No offense guys but this isn't a team I'd wanna be on. The fact that I was drafted so high and on a team on a losing streak sucks ass. But then there's Nico who has over twenty points as a rookie. I was supposed to go first overall but I had stupid surgery a week before the draft," Nolan complained. I was slightly offended that he hinted at the fact that he didn't want to be on the Flyers and would much rather like to be on the Devils.

Wayne spoke up next. "I'm gonna talk to Hak about switching up the lines. Just letting you guys know, if you're demoted that doesn't mean you're playing bad, it just means Hak is putting you on a line he thinks you'll contribute to."

"I don't want to miss playoffs again this year. Ivan and I didn't get to be a part of playoffs our rookie year and I would hate if Nolan, Robert and Travis missed it as well. We can't miss it by a few points this year, we have to make it."

Everyone gave their little input and by the time they were finished I was practically shit faced. I rested my head on Nolan's shoulder and his arm went around my waist.

"Here's a crazy idea. Why don't we go back to the hotel and go night swimming?" Taylor asked.

"Taylor, it's literally three degrees." I said matter-of-factly. He rolled his eyes.

"Hot tub, smart ass."

"You can kiss my smart ass!" I exclaimed causing a few of the boys to chuckle. I turned to Nolan who didn't look too amused. I kissed his cheek causing them to darken slightly. "I love you, Nolie."

"I love you too," He said quietly. 

A few minutes later we all got our own Ubers back to the hotel. Since I didn't have a bathing suit I was just going to go in my bra and underwear. It's practically the same thing as a bikini. I tied my hair up into a messy bun and took off my makeup to get ready to go down. Nolan brought swim trunks for some unknown reason.

"Babe, why the fuck did you bring a swimsuit?" I asked as I wrapped my arms around his torso, peppering kisses on his back.

"When you've been traveling for so long  to different places, you learn." He said simply. I emptied the plastic bag I used for my toiletries to make a make-shift water proof cover for my stitches. I taped it onto my leg using some of Nol's clear tape, and then we then went down to the pool area where some of the team was. Some of the guys decided not to go down.

Because I didn't want to be stared at I quickly stripped off my dress and stepped into the hot water. I smiled as I looked around at the boys that have become my family. There's no place I'd rather be but with them.

"This is going to be cheesy, but I really love you guys. Besides Travis and Nol you guys are my brothers and I'm forever grateful. I'm glad I got hurt, because if I didn't I would still be in London and I probably would barely know any of you. So I love you guys." I said. I definitely was a sappy drunk, I was surprised I wasn't hugging everyone expressing my undying love for them.

Nolan kissed my forehead and I could feel the smile on his lips. We all talked until it was nearly one in the morning before calling it a night.

-a/n-
if you didn't know, the flyers boys actually had a "heart-to-heart" conversation about what kind of team they wanted to be. they were drunk.